Denial Train - iii. Before the Age of Ultron

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters. Marvel does.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

The Avengers has finally assembled again, but under better circumstances. And just a few weeks ago, Steve has settled in. He would've come earlier, but he and Sam were busy looking for their missing person.

And he was secretly hoping that he would find Natasha along the way.

They haven't seen each other since the cemetery. He understands that she needs time, especially that her scars and wounds were reopened and has been showed to public.

But, god. He misses her. So damn much.

He knows he shouldn't be missing her, but he couldn't help it. He misses his partner. He misses his co-worker. He misses her.

Stark has been trying so hard to find her. She's off the grid. Clint helps too. But it was surprising that Clint does not know her whereabouts as well. And Steve knows that it is so wrong to be happy about that.

"Cap, found a new lead." This has been going on for months. But just a few weeks ago, Sam told him to rest first while he go look for leads. Steve wouldn't want to tire Sam out, and he's just literally dragging him along, but of course, Sam insisted. And he couldn't deny the fact that he really needs his help especially with using all this technology.

Something he's used that Natasha is doing.

He still doesn't want to leave the tower. Not yet when he still hasn't seen Natasha. But he was convinced. He was convinced that there are slim chances that he might see her along the way. And besides, he really wants to see his best friend.

So the two start their quest again.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Finally.

Tony was finally able to contact Natasha. Or Natasha finally let Tony to contact her.

Truth is, she's starting to pity him. She knows that Tony's trying to track her down. And it's quite natural to her to pity anyone who tries to track her down.

"Natasha?! Romanoff?!" She can't help but smirk. Tony sounds like a kid who got his first candy in his entire life. She took time to reply, wondering what Tony would do. "Natalie! Rushman!" Okay, he sure knows how to piss someone off. And Natasha is no exception.

"What do you need, Stark?"

"For you to come here in the tower. Everybody's here already." She could tell that he is now grinning from ear to ear. "Well it's not really my request, I could actually live without you and I'm totally fine with you not being here," he mumbled though he knows that Natasha will hear it. She didn't respond to that anymore, she just simply rolled her eyes.

Save the death treath later.

"But apparently someone isn't." Who?

"Your boyfriend of course. But speaking of, your boyfriend isn't here. He left few weeks ago. He didn't tell us where he'd go though. And I'm pretty sure it ain't a mission." Tony finished his blabbing.

Natasha instantly thought that Tony was talking about Steve. He said that it wasn't a mission so she's pretty sure it was his search for Bucky. "Who? Steve?" She wanted to know who is Stark talking about.

"Really, Red?! You thought I was talking about Capsicle?! I was talking about Clint!"

Oh, so he went to his family.

Tony sounds like he's almost whining, but then he realized something, like there's a bulb that lighted up above his head. "Hmmmm.......not unless, you're hiding something. Or, or maybe that's what you want to happen. So tell me about what happened in DC. Spangles didn't say anything so I didn't press him any further, so I guess nothing really happened. But now that you said something.......I'm pretty sure that something really happened. So why don't you tell me? And it would surely be better if you'll tell it in person, like coming here in the tower." Of course, it would still come to that.