Denial Train - v. The Civil War

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters. Marvel does.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

The two didn't have the chance to define their relationship, to label what was going on between them. They didn't even call their relationship 'official' but they were both fine with that as long as they show the love that they have for one another. And besides, an agent's or a hero's love life can never really be 'official'. But one thing's certain; they made a promise.

But that promise was seemed to be broken when the civil war begun.

Natasha chose Tony. No one knows about Natasha and Steve's relationship yet no one saw it coming. Eveyone knows that something was off between the two but everyone knows about their good partnership and friendship as well. The trust and loyalty. So no one saw it coming. Not even Natasha herself. But she knows that she has the right to choose, so she chose Tony.

Natasha thought that the Registration Act is a good thing. She can finally slowly wipe the red in her ledger. Giving up her freedom is nothing compared to what she's done in the past, to all the killings that she did. She doesn't care if she won't be able to choose freely anymore, she just want to pay for her mistakes. And signing that thing is the best option.

It's half past midnight and Natasha was still wide awake. Sleep hasn't decided to visit her yet since her thoughts are busy pondering about the things that had happened for the past four days. She keeps pondering about how things had gotten out of hand. That the team had to literally split up and choose a side.

She didn't know how time had flown by so fast, that it's been four days since she had last seen him, since she and Steve talked. And it's been four days since they got their first major fight when they started their undefined relationship. Natasha had been the last one to decide and say her opinion about the Registration Act. And when she finally did. Steve had immediately stormed out of the room.

She didn't care if the team will start jumping to conclusions. They are not totally hiding their relationship but they won't go out and walk hand in hand and make out in front of them either. They just want to avoid getting bombarded by questions. The moment Natasha had successfully got out of the room, Steve was nowhere to be seen.

Thoughts had started running wildly in her mind and her heart started pounding inside her chest. Before she saw him getting inside his car. Natasha sprinted to the parking lot, hoping to get there in time and talk some sense to him. But when she had gotten there, Steve's car zoomed out of the area.

Natasha had quickly ran to her own car because she wanted to make sure Steve won't do anything reckless and that he'll get to his apartment safe. She hadn't care enough to check whether she's crashing the speed limits because she honestly don't give a damn. But she was still lucky enough that no one had caught her.

She hadn't realized it but she had gripped the steering wheel tightly, causing her knuckles to turn white. She had also tried calming her heart down that was pounding inside her chest and was threatening to go out any minute but it had only made her grip on the steering wheel tighter.

Her vision had started spinning and almost turned black when she didn't see his car parked outside his place. But when she had gotten inside his apartment, everything was still intact and everything was still in place. When she had tried calling his phone, it will just tell her to leave a voicemail.

She'd given up and didn't realize that tears started streaming down her cheeks. And without realizing it, she had already laid down the couch and started falling asleep.

Natasha remembers everything all too well. She remembers waking up when she heard the door creaked open. And came in Steve, walking very quietly, looking so exhausted and worn out. She remembers running to his arms and throwing herself at him while Steve welcomed her with his lips.