Chapter Eight

a/n: unedited.

Mitch stared at her, not knowing exactly what to do. It was a peculiar feeling really, and he decided he did not like it. The girl tried to look around him into the apartment, causing Mitch to snap back to reality. "He's asleep. Can take a name?" He plastered a false smile onto his face and cocked his head, wondering when she was going to recognize him so he could kill her. 

"Oh. Uh, tell him Kirstie was here." The girl mumbled looking down at her feet. Mitch stiffened, his grip on the door tightening to the point where the wood was digging into his palm. This was the bitch that caused Scott to misbehave. 

"I'll make sure of it. Good night." He grunted and Kirstie frowned. 

"Wait-" It was too late, the door was already closed. Kirstie sighed and turned around, looking at Jeremy who was hovering down the hall as a precaution. 

"Was he not there?" He asked, walking over to her. Kirstie pouted, crossing her arms over her chest.

"He was... but he was asleep. Scott never goes to sleep this early." She whispered, her face wrinkled as she thought. The man who answered the door looked vaguely familiar, but Kirstie couldn't understand why. With a brisk shake of her head, she beamed up at Jeremy. "I'll just come back tomorrow. Want to head back home?" 

Jeremy shook his head in amusement and leaned down, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "How about we get some ice cream and then go home?" He suggested lightly. 

Kirstie lit up with interest and nodded eagerly. "I like that plan." 

With that, Jeremy wrapped his arms around Kirstie's slender shoulders and the couple walked back down the hallway, leaving Scott alone and feeling hopeless.

Scott looked at the door, his eyes large and his chest aching. She was here and only fifteen steps from him. With a growl, he slammed his fist on the ground and pressed his forehead against the rough rug. Why didn't he just shout, scream, speak, do something

Because you're scared. Not even two days passed and you're already his little bitch. 

Scott flinched at the nasty words and shook his head. No, that wasn't why. Well, sure he was scared, but any sane person would be. A pair of feet came into his line of sight and he stiffened, slowly raising his eyes to meet Mitch's. He swallowed slowly, not sure if he should move. 

Mitch looked almost lifeless; only flashes of rage passed over his face every so often. He didn't say anything and kept his eyes trained on Scott. The blond slowly became uncomfortable and squirmed under his unrelenting gaze. Finally, Mitch spoke. 

"If she comes back, I'll kill her." 

Scott gasped and scrambled to his feet. His body instantly protested, but he ignored it, glaring down at her. "N-no! You won't touch her." He protested, trying to sound angry. His shaky voice gave away his true feelings. 

Mitch smiled and shook his head, as if questioning the older man's intelligence. "If she comes back, I'll kill her. And her little boyfriend." Scott's eyes widened. Jeremy was there too? He could've easily taken down the small man, so why didn't he. 

No one really cares enough about you to actually save you. The fact you thought that is quite silly. Stupid boy. 

Scott flushed at the cruel words, making Mitch squint as his fair-skin morphed into crimson. He didn't question it though, which made Scott glad that Mitch didn't care about anyone's feelings but his own. 

"You won't hurt her." Scott whispered. 

Mitch sighed, shaking his head in irritation. He just didn't get it. "You seem to think you have a say in this." He laughed, making Scott tense up. "I'll cut you a deal. I'll give her one more visit and then I kill her." He giggled hysterically. Mitch thought he was being quite considerate, but Scott didn't seem to think so.