English class

"Melanie look who it is!"

"Oh my god," I whispered back to her.

It was Jack. That's right, Jack fricking Johnson. He just happened to be sitting by himself at the back of the room staring at his phone.

"Let's go sit next to him!" Kenzie pulled me towards the desks where Jack was sitting.

"Are you kidding?!" I whisper shouted at her. "We can't sit by him."

"Why not Mel? This could be your chance to talk to him,"

" I know but even if I did he would think I'm stupid and just another crazy girl that is all over him."

"Oh come on he's not that bad. I talked to him a few times and he's really nice. You should give it a go," Kenzie said as she grabbed my arm, again, walked me over to the desk beside Jack, pulled out the chair and made me sit next to him.

I gave her the look that meant "I hate you" and she winked back while smiling. I was glad that she was trying to get me and Jack to become closer but I also knew that it would never work out. I mean I'm not the prettiest person ever, I'm not super athletic like Kenzie. That girl can run. And I'm pretty shy whenever I talk to someone I don't really talk to. So the chances of me being with Jack are pretty low.

I glanced over at Jack to see that he was still on his phone, probably texting Gilinsky. They've been best friends since kindergarten and they do everything together. So in a way they're like Kenzie and I.

I looked back at Kenzie who was also texting someone. I looked on the screen and she was talking to Sammy? As in Sammy Wilk my neighbour? I asked her what they were talking about and why they were talking. They never really spoke unless they sat beside each other in a class or sometimes during lunch.

She just stared at her phone for a while giving me time to ask what they were talking about.

"You know how I really wanna go out with Gilinsky? Well I'm asking Sammy what I should do but I don't want him to say anything to Jack about this just yet."

I could tell how nervous she was. She has had a crush on Gilinsky since 6th grade and I never understood how he hasn't asked her out yet. I mean Kenzie is goals and she should be getting all of the guys attention.

"Talk to Sammy at lunch and ask him about who Gilinsky likes or anything like that," I said trying to help her out.

Me and Kenzie and a couple of our friends sit at the same table as Sammy, Gilinsky and Johnson and some of their friends. We don't really talk to them but if we do it's only small talk.

"Fine but then you have to talk to Jack," she said in her serious voice.

"Alright I will," I mumbled. "But what do I say?"

Wow that was a long ass chapter compared to the first one haha.
Anyways I hope you liked this one.

Follow me on
ig @ blonde.johnson
Twitter @ levitatingjacks