| f o u r|

4.

 Muffins, coat stealings and showing idiot newbies how a pro does it.

Or under your bed

Ashlynn Hunt munched on her chocolate chip muffin and picked at her black gloves.

It'd been a month since she'd seen James Lahter and had destroyed the freak lab and she still couldn't bring herself to take off her gloves.

After returning to Washing-a-ton DC, Ash had been whisked off to be tested for changes in her DNA and other stuff. Of course, it hadn't worked due to her DNA self-destructing upon losing contact with her body. Basically, the only change so far. But had the scientists stopped there?

No. And that's why she spent two weeks whining and complaining in a hospital bed. And effectively annoying the hell out of them.

The science people gave up and let her off the hook eventually, and the United Nations, to piss her off, even more, dumped her in a school at Rochester (with tracker anklet and all) so they could keep a closer eye on her and force her to control herself in the vicinity of teenagers. Which she obviously could do.

That didn't stop them from being stupid and ignoring her claims of her existing self-control. So now she was stuck in school, trying to settle in with her newly changed genes and her irrational doubt of taking off her gloves. To be clear, I do have many pairs of the same gloves. I do appreciate hygiene.

You couldn't really blame her, after all, she had spent years hiding under them.

Ash groaned as she shovelled the rest of her food into her mouth, she had absolutely no idea of what she wanted to do with her life at the moment and that lead to watching endless videos of epic fails and cute puppies. Which right now is great but I'm thinking more along the lines of long-term.

Ash clicked on another cat video and mindlessly watched it when a notification appeared on her laptop's screen. Beep Beep Mothafluffer.

The blonde opened it and grinned, cracking her knuckles she got up.

Maybe it was time for getting into action.

Dusk found Ash at the top of a skyscraper. The blonde took out a tube of lipgloss and pulled it apart. A titanium cable shot from it towards the neighbouring building, passing through the glass and attaching itself.

Ash tied the other end of the cable to the building she was on, she steeled her nerves and fiddled with the cable. Then she backed away for a running start and lunged towards the part of the cable hanging in between the buildings.

What were you thinking?! You're not Batman! Actually...Yeah, you're better than him.

Ash let out a shriek as she realized that she must have miscalculated her speed and grabbed the cable as she almost reached the halfway point.

Ash clambered up the cable and secured some hooks from her harness to it. What had happened? She usually was very good at timing and calculating these sorts of things so missing by a long shot was very unexpected. Unexpected unexpected unexpected...