Partners

Kara paced back and forth looking at Barry. "National City needs the Flash."

Even with her pleading eyes, he started to object. He really needed to work out a way home. This was definitely not the time for distractions. But he could use his knowledge of evil superhumans to help these people...

"Aaaand...once they're both back in custody, I promise we'll do everything in our power to get you back home. What do you say? Partners?" She hopefully held out her hand.

With a wide grin, Barry uncrossed his arms and shook Kara's hand. Why not? "Partners."
________

Kara's heart filled with joy as she listened to the news anchor drone on about Supergirl's courage and sacrifice. James and Winn stood beside her, taking in the good news as well. They had been surprised at Mrs. Grant's quick observations of Barry and realization of him as the Flash, but after all, she was Cat Grant.

"Okay, well, I'm gonna go help Barry," Kara remembered. Barry was starting to settle into National City but he should try to get home as soon as he could.

"Hey, tell him I hope he makes it home," Winn noted.

"Yeah, me too," James added, a bit more reluctantly. Kara nodded and set off to help the Flash return back home.
________

Okay, here's the part that Barry returns but I'm going to make it different. I've read the critics' reviews of the episode and their biggest complaint was that Barry left too soon so maybe he could stay a little bit longer :-)