Chapter 3

****This chapter is the highlight of the previous chapters, I wrote it as best as I can as I tried to elevate the Romantic flavor of the story. I was not going to put this 4 chapters together at once because I am going to be busy at work...But I think, it'd be best to put it all together for now and do my regular weekly updates after this one. Thank you for stopping by. (:****

"David wake up! For God's sake it's a wonderful Sunday morning and we will be late for the Reverend's sermon if you do not move faster" Said David's mom, Ermita as she opened David's windows and slide the curtains revealing the torturing sunrays that made David's eyes' narrow into even thinner slits.

"Mom, why do you always think you can go around making people wake up from their sleep in an ungodly hour" He croaked.

"First, 7 am is not an ungodly hour. Second, today's your father's 5th death Anniversary, We will offer him some prayers and pay him a visit after the Reverend's sermon"

David looked at the calendar with a stripped figure of a female model in Bikini hanging on his bedroom wall just above his head. 28th of May, the date that he can never forget. It was the day his father died of lung cancer. He let out a deep sigh but he never let it show that much sadness when his mother is around. He knows it was twice hard for her when his father died. Both emotionally and financially.

Her mother looked at him searching for any emotions from his eyes...

"What?..." He asked with furrowing eyebrows.

"Nothing.." His mother sighed heavily. She brought her hands to her face.

"Oh, not again Mom! It's been 5 years, we gotta move on! Common!" He exclaimed, a little pissed as he run his fingers through her messy morning hair.

"It's just that....it's just that...." Her mother started to sob. He felt a twinge of guilt struck him. He reached out to hug her but he was tackled by his mother before even reaching her. It was an ambush spray of tickles that sent David to uncontrollable laughters.

Good actress....

"Mom stop it!! Mom!! He struggled to exclaim in between laughers. But his mother is not obliged at his pleading. Instead, she joined one hand and tickled both his sides making David's face flush red at laughing hilariously.

"I won't stop until you promise to take a bath already David Marcelino Jr.!" Warned his mother while tickling his ribs incessantly.

"Okay, okay, you win...I am going to take a bath already, just please stop it, Mom, I think I'm gonna die!" His words were almost incomprehensible as he speaks on his throat and laughs at the same time.

Her mother stood up and catch her breath. " I will never get tired of tickling you to your senses when you continue waking up late in the morning!"

"It's just 7 am in the morning for Christ sake" he retorted.

His mother smiled playfully threatening to go for a deadly tickle again when he continues to argue so he jolted from his bed heading to the bathroom, murmuring, "For God's sake Mom, you're unbelievable!" His Mom went down the stairs to prepare for breakfast. "Hurry, Hun, the sermon starts at 8:00 we gotta be there for the praise and worship!" "Fine!"

David hated going to church, he disdains Reverend Harrison's overly excited sermons. He is bored during the lousy songs of praises after the sermons. Most of all, he hates the fact that every people in the church looked at everyone inside the church as an ivory white lambs of God, pure and divine. While they looked at every people outside the church as filthy pigs that will be slaughtered mercilessly during the judgement day and that they are tasked to cleanse them and turn them into servants of the Lord.