Monday

Chapter 3: Crystal

I didn't leave that hospital nor my mother's side that night, but I went to school anyways because she would want me to. At school, it's was a buzz about my mom getting shot by someone, how roamers thinking I did it, or she did it herself. Someone shot her, I didn't do it, and the gun-my gun- is up stairs in my closet. Most of the teachers were concerned about me and my mom business, some even want to help but don't know how. They mean well, I know, but they're, I'm not doing enough to keep her here. But, if there's a bright side of this, I get to see her more often,Crystal.

I already told you about her already and how beautiful she is, but I didn't tell you why she's dating that son of a bitch. You see, she's a princess, and I ain't no prince. The Adbassiters are royal blood, and the Seventh is a king which makes Crystal a...princess, a beautiful, young, lovely princess that's dating a Duke's son, Gilen Bit, her boyfriend; she don't even like the guy, you know?

She's forced to date the guy and I know this because I may or may not was walking by her house and her window was open. I remember her yelling and popping her head out saying, "I want to find someone that cares, not shows."

I wish I'd yell "I'm right here" , but I couldn't because she went on, so freely and dreamily, " I want to love someone that wants me for love, not for status. Why can't I be a bird or cat so I can be free? Can't I chose for anything!? What's so wrong in falling head over heels for someone I adore? Why can't I?" She disappeared in the room and then there was more yelling.

But, anyways, school was the same as ever, same drama, food, and homework, but it changed because the Gate, wall, guards, they're now gone and out of our lives. Teachers see this as and idea for us to write about the wall, I don't think so, man. I hate writing. But, most people asked if Mom was ok and if I was ok, but the most I got from the day was Crystal walking with me back home.

"So, you need anything?" She asked while we were two minutes in from walking in the freezing day of December. "Food? School work?"

"You can feed Hunter and Alaska," I said to her while crossing the road. I can't believe that I said that! I'm a idiot! Feed the dogs? Really?

"I can do that." She smiled at me. I love her smile, it's sun that brightens my day.

We walked in the mixture of snow and ash, and I couldn't help to notice that her purple knitted hat was catch all of them. Why can't I be yours,Crystal? I would be so much better than him, I would do all the things that he would never do for you and to you. Hold you, give you little kisses on the nose, but to be yours would be something I would want most in the world, more than anything. Mom would approve this and make sure that I treat you right. I wish I was yours, Crystal.

I opened the door for her and helped her coat off and hanged it next to the unlit fire place, then headed to the back. I opened the door and was immediately ran over by a husky and a German Shepard, getting licks and muddy paw prints on my red shirt. I laugh for a moment and got them off, Crystal was amazed by how these dogs could pass as horses and laughed about when Alaska plowed her over. I think this counts as a first date or something in those lines, but she ain't mine.

After both dogs quitted down, I showed Crystal how to feed them and where there water was. Alaska couldn't help but be by her and Hunter stayed by me. I guess the dogs stayed with the personality of a person. Hunter, the German Shepard, and me are overprotective while Alaska, the silver husky, and Crystal are like a river, flows and easy to love. I taught her the lock code to the back gate and, if she wanted to, deice the drive. Then, it happened.

We were starting to walk back into the house and a punch came falling from left side of my check and I fell with two people hold me down from her. Gilen came and grabbed Crystal's wrist,Crystal fought him, his free hand slapped her. Furry fired up inside and I threw the two flying in the snow and ice then tackled Gilen. We both landed on the porch, me punching him and he trying to get me off. I togged his shirt up and throw him over my shoulders and he landed on Mom's beat up car.

I huffed for a moment and Gilen wasn't moving, nor his friends. My eyes soon darted at Crystal, who was on the ground with her arm cut. She must of fell, or I must of pushed her without knowing. She looked up at me and I looked down at her. I took my coat off welcoming the cold December air to my arms and bent slowly down at her, putting the coat around her and looking at her arm and she wasn't bleeding red. She was bleeding gold dust and clear white. My head darted up and she looked scare at my eyes.

"Please don't tell," her voice was shy and shaking.

"Promise," I breathed.

I brushed her hair away and ashes from her checks. I smiled while biting my lip and looking at hers. A small grain formed form hers and she brushed some ashes off of my quif. We slowly lean in then, I went blank.