Wednesday

Chapter 5: Flame Archer

I didn't know what to feel. I was in the kitchen with Mom's nettle and black thread and my math homework at 12:30 at night. I wanted to yell "What did he mean? Father? Mom? Someone? Anyone? Is anyone out there that can help me?" But I was quite and confused on what to do. My thoughts raced a mile when the door knocked, more like banging to me really hard, and I went to get it.

"Hello?" I tried to sound tired and I hid myself behind the door.

"Roy, it's me," said the small voice, "it's Crystal. If I woke you up, I'm sorry, but I wanna talk to you."

"Do... Do you know how to sew?" I asked slowly looking at my mess of a side.

"Yeah, why?"

"Do you pass out when you see blood?"

"Roy," Crystal sounded tired, "open the door."

Well, I opened the door and her face went white, "Oh my.... Roy, what did you do?"

"Would you believe me if I told you that my math did this?" I hoped she'll by it; she didn't.

I let her in and she hurried to the kitchen where she set up some sort of medical office. She'd used one of the clean, blue dish rags and looked for a bowl.

"It's on the top over to the right."

"Thanks."

She motion for me to sit and I did and she add, "First off, take your shirt off so I can see what you did or you can tell me what you did. Then I'm going wash the blood, after that, try to fix," she gave me a disgusting look and gestures to my side,"this."

We were quite for a while, her touching my right and mumbling under her breath, I trying to find a lie- no, I'm telling her everything, from the first kill to killing my...my dad. "I killed a man."

Her head darted up at me quickly. "You...you what?"

"I really killed roughly 26...maybe 30. I did it every night when I could. Tonight, I guess I killed someone that knows more about me than I knew. Maybe my life is a lie, maybe not." I shocked my head and looked at her blue eyes. "Crystal, I think I'm a prince."

"Wait..." Her face was thinking of this idea. "Wait, you killed... Did you kill Derrick? And his guards? And....." Her words were lost after she looked at my wound. "And you killed someone else."

"Yes." It pain me to tell her this, but I want to stop lying to her, my mom, and R. I think I'm hurting her the most.

"Roy," she finished her sewing work on me and started to dap it with water "Who did you kill tonight?"

"I killed Danvous," the next words killed me, "My dad."

She dropped the rag and I grabbed her wrest before she fell to the ground. Her wrest were cold and soft in my hands, they were easy to hold and fit well. Crystal looked at me uneasily and slowly moved back into her chair and grasped the wrap and started to cover my right side.

"So, you're a prince, hu?" She asked slowly to me.

"Yes."

"And you didn't know this?"

"No."

"Which means your...your the Lost Prince."

"Hu?" I looked at her and she tapped my side. "Thanks."

"Anytime." She sat across from me and started talking ver slowly as if she was telling a legend or myth. "Years before the war, Danvous dated a young girl who wasn't...royal, and Danvous was next in line for head Adbassiter, or king, and he got her pregnant. So they did get married, the kid was born, and, to protect the prince, he sent a guard with her and kept quiet about the baby."