Chapter 12: Mac and Cheese

"Morning Remmy! Sleep well?" Harry asked chipperly. Remus, who was sitting with his face flat on the table, made an unintolerable noise. "I'll take that as a yes then." Harry grinned and started making himself a hot chocolate. "Coffee?" Remus made another grumble of a noise, which Harry took as a yes. "How do you have yours?" Harry asked

"3/4 hot water 1/4 milk, two and a half sugars. Please and thank you."

"Why are you so tired?" Harry asked, plonking the mug down next to Remus, how mumbled a thanks and opened his eyes slightly.

"Just... couldn't sleep." Remus answered, which was a complete lie. He had had a nightmare of the one night where the Marauders had gotten the full moon wrong, and it was a night earlier than they thought. He had almost killed Sirius, and for a couple of days Sirius couldn't look him in the eye and it killed Remus on the inside. But when the week was out Sirius wasn't bothered about it and discarded the memory like an old pair of socks, and he probably doesn't remember it happened now. But Remus did, and it haunts him at least once a week.

"So whens Tonks coming?"

"Ten."

"Oh, okay. In case you wanted to know, it's 9:30." Harry took a sip of his drink and Remus sat bolt up right.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Remus grumbled, gulping down his coffee. Harry shrugged.

"Didn't know it was important." Remus jogged down the hallway, slightly stressed. Harry took another sip of his hot chocolate. He sat there by himself for twenty minutes while Remus was rushing around, thinking about the dream he had had that night. A recount of his first quidditch game, when he had won the game for his whole team, it made him smile.

"I should be back within two hours, but it depends how much persuading Sirius takes." Remus said, pulling a sweater over his head.

"Your sweaters on inside out." Harry grinned and Remus sighed, Taking it off and turning it in the right way.

"I'm to tired to function this morning." Remus mumbled to himself. There was a knock on the door. "That'll be Tonks." Remus walked to the door as Harry held in a chuckle, remembering the revelation he had discovered the day before. 

"Wotcher Remus!"

"Hey Tonks!" 

They walked into the dining room to where Harry was and Tonks tripped over what seemed to be nothing. Remus caught her and Harry pretended to take a drink to hide his grin with the mug, even though there was nothing in it. "Watch out, there's a floor there. Don't trip over it." Remus chuckled and Tonks rolled her eyes light heartedly.

"Watch out, you're wearing robes, don't trip over them!" Tonks said mockingly, poking her tongue out at him.

"Oh come on! It's been like ten years, are you going to hold that against me forever?"

"Of course!"

A couple of minutes later, Remus checked his watch. "I need to go! Uh... where did I put those papers?" He asked himself.

"The fridge." Harry answered, because he had seen them when he was getting the milk out.

"I wouldn't put the papers in the fridge." Remus mumbled checking under the table.

"You put your sweater on inside out and I used salt instead of sugar in your coffee and you didn't notice. Trust me, their in the fridge."

"You want me to trust you when you just told me that you put salt in my coffee?" Remus shook his head with a small grin, but walked to the fridge anyway. The papers that he needed to get Sirius to sign were in there on top of the eggs.