A Late Night Game

Around six that evening, people started to arrive. And when I say people, I mean Trent and Trina. CJ opened the door for them, while I set up for our night. Dinner consisted of pizza and soda.

"What's up?" Trent came from behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Nothing. How are you?" I asked.

"Great, actually," He came from behind me, and sat in front of me on a stool. "Ready for a night full of raising spirits from the dead."

"Shut up, you agreed to it. So no sarcasm from your side."

Trent shrugged. "Fine. But, why can't we play truth or dare or spin the bottle?"

"'Cuz that's kid stuff. Let's play something that none of us would end up drunk or confessing unconditional love for someone."

"So, you're saying that basically we will end up confessing our love for each other?"

"No," I grabbed some chips out of that the pantry. "I'm just saying that most games of truth or dare ends up that way. It's stupid. That's why we're raising spirits."

"That sounds stupid," He sighed. "But is really fun."

"The facts of my life," I smiled at him.

He smiled back. "Talking about confessing love, we never talked about that kiss."

I slightly blushed. "What about it?"

"Well, it was obvious there was some chemistry. There's no denying that. Then, there's the fact of you practically begging..."

I cut him off with a laugh. "That's a lie. I did not beg."

"Okay, but you did let on that you wanted the kiss." He smirked.

"So what?"

"So, you must have a crush on me."

Of course he guessed it. "Okay, I like you. That doesn't particularly mean you like me."

"If I remember correctly," He smiled at me. "I kissed you back."

My eyes widened. "You like me?"

Before he could answer, the doorbell rang. He nudged his head in the direction of the door. "I think that's Jace."

I nodded, and went to open the door. Jace was standing there with Jax. I guess Trent was right. "Hi guys. C'mon in."

Jace smiled as he did, while Jax had a plain expression on her face. Still sour that Trent likes me, and not her. Really, Des? They looked around with wide eyes. Jax was the first to say something. "Mind explaining why your house is nice?"

"Because my family's not snobs, or messy. We like things clean."

"I think she means," Jace finally looked at me. "Why doesn't it look haunted?"

"It was probably renovated," I shrugged and gestured them to follow me. "There's really nothing I can do about it."

We walked into the kitchen, where Trent was eating some of the chips. I smacked his hand, and brought the chips into the den.

I heard Trent and Jace share a laugh, then I turned around. "Are we gonna start or what?"

They came in the den, the boys, then the girls. I took out a piece of paper, and two yes's and two no's. I then laid the pencils on top of each other, one vertical, the other horizontal.

I looked around at my friends. Everyone was staring at the paper. I swallowed hard. "Everyone knows how to play this right?"

Everyone nodded, and C.J looked right at me. "Who's going to welcome the ghost?"

I shrugged, while Jax scoffed. "It's not going to work, obviously."

"Have you ever tried it, Jax?" Trent asked, still staring at the paper.

"Well, no, but..."

Trent cut her off. "Shut up, then."

"I'll do it, guys," I said. "I'm the one who suggested it, anyway."

They all nodded, and I cleared my thoat. "Charlie, Charlie, are you there?"

Nothing happened at first. Jax started to roll her eyes, but then one of the pencils switched to yes.

"Holy crap," Trent whispered.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N

Hey peeps! I'm so sorry for such a late update. I had writer's block for basically all of my stories, so yes I finally updated. Hopefully, you liked it.

Vote. Comment. Share.

~Lauren