An Unexpected Surprise

It didn't take long for me to get to Trent's house. In truth, I was practically running over there. Not because I wanted to see him (even though, I did), but because in reality, I was scared. What if this mysterious person actually did come after my friends. Or more importantly, my mom or brother. That couldn't happen.

When I got to Trent's house, he was already at the door waiting for me. He was about to say something, until I practically ran into him, giving him a hug. It took a second for him to respond, but his arms wrapped around me soon enough. "Are you okay, Des?"

"There could be a serial killer out to get my friends and family. How do you think I am?" I pulled back from him.

"I know, stupid question," He stepped back. "Come on in."

I did, and looked around at my surroundings. His house didn't look so different from my house. The paint on the walls was different, though basically everything else was the same.

"C'mon," He grabbed my hand, and led me upstairs. "I think your brother's with Trina."

"All they do is play video games. I'm not judging, just...do they do anything else?"

"Did you ever think about what you do 24/7?" Trent shut his door, and walked to his bed and sat down.

"Good point," I sat beside him. "Reading's my life."

"I've noticed."

"Naw dip Sherlock," I laughed. "So, this is your room."

He looks around, expressionless. "I guess so. It's not much, but it's good for me."

"I totally get what you mean," I face him. "I'm scared, Trent."

"I know you are," He looked me in the eye. "But I promise you, nothing will hurt any of us, especially you. Okay?"

I nod, and stare at him. Trent was really cute, without even trying to be. It was just something about him, I guessed. He caught me staring at him, and smiled. "Take a pic, it'll last longer."

"Oh shut up," I laughed at him, and looked toward the ground. Something peculiar was there. I reached down to touch it, and it shuddered at my touch. I kneeled down to see exactly what it was.

It seemed to be some kind of an illusion. Which was weird, since it seemed to be here for a while. "What the heck?"

Trent came to sit beside me. "What is it?"

"I don't know," I tapped it, and it shuddered once more. "It's obviously something."

Trent looks closer at it, then laughs. "Oh my God."

I looked at him, then back down. "What is it?"

"It's a rat," Trent kept laughing.

I screamed, and jumped up. The rat finally moved from under the bed, and ran into one of the mouse holes in Trent's room. Trent was crying laughing. I just stared at him. "It's not funny."

"Actually, it was," He kept laughing. "God, I'm weak."

I rolled my eyes, and crossed my arms. "I'm glad you think this is amusing."

Trent's laughter finally started to die down. "I'm sorry, it's just...you screamed so loud over a tiny little rat."

"It wasn't tiny!" I defended. "It was huge. And furry."

He shook his head at me. "Whatever. It was still funny."

"Shut up," I roll my eyes again. "He messed up a moment."

Trent smirked, and leaned closer to me. "And what moment was that?"

"A very good opportunity."

He leaned even closer. "And the opportunity was what?"

I sighed, and he finally came close enough to kiss me. His lips were soft and light. The kiss only lasted a few seconds, but it wasn't bad for my first one. "That was nice."

He laughed lightly. "Yeah, it was."

I nodded, and kissed him again. "I'll see you tomorrow, I guess."

"Sounds good."

We both stand up from the floor, and walk out of his room. When we pass by Trina's room, I hear C.J yelling as he kills some kind of extra-terrestrial being. When we got downstairs, his mother was sitting in the living room, obviously waiting for us to come downstairs. "Hello, Destinee. Trent's told me all about you, and your brother as well."

I smile at her. "Hi, Mrs. Hall. How are you?"

"Great, now that Trent's finally getting a girl in his life."

I laughed, while Trent rolls his eyes. "Really, Ma?"

Mrs. Hall shrugged her shoulders as if she didn't say anything. "What?"

I shook my head as my laughter died down. "I'll see you at school tomorrow, Trent."

He nodded. "You too, Des."

With that, I open the door, and head back home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n

Hey, everyone!!!! This concludes chapter 8 of Cursed. Sorry for such a late update. I've been busy trying to get my grades up. So, a kiss happened between our main characters, Destinee and Trent. Y'all want more with them? Then comment, plz!!! I'm serious. If you guys want frequent updates, comment, cuz' it makes me feel good when you guys read and love the story. Anyways, love you guys. Vote, Comment, and Share!!!!✌