7. Le Maison des Cogs

Cog Building- a special area in the game that replaces normal Toon shop buildings (making the original default area into a new area). Cogs "take over" the shops by entering them through the entry doors. Then the shop is squashed by a grey Cog tower that falls from the sky. Toons then enter by the newly placed elevator (previously the doors) and complete a series of "floors" or levels with Cogs of increasing number and/or difficulty.

~~~~~~

There was nothing new for almost a week, only the same Cogs patrolling the all the playgrounds' streets.

Until a new discovery was unveiled.

What we assumed to be a large Cog Building on Oak Street in Daisy Gardens had turned out to be much more expansive than a simple five-story building. Spies soon found out that there were running factories that had been built to rapidly produce parts for the Cogs. This explained why they were reappearing so quickly as we were defeating them. It also proved that there were different types of Cogs being made, as many Cogs called Sellbots seemed to be more present around this place.

The Daisy Gardens main HQ called for the rising leaders of the Resistance to infiltrate the area and try to figure out where Lucy might be hidden. There was not enough information to know for sure that she was there, but since many buildings had been taken down and no evidence of her presence there was found, it seemed more likely than not.

There must have been as many as 15 leaders that came to step up and find Miss Hoppsworth. Three of the fifteen were from my group: me, Dirt, and Lily. I saw other toons that were from my training group back in Dreamland, including Ally, the pink dog I met a second time at the tunnel to Minnie's Melodyland. We were gathered in the main area of the HQ. Our only assignment was to infiltrate what had become known as the Sellbot Towers.

A rough sketch of a map was laid out before us, we were shown the target area we were to infiltrate. We were told that a backup group would attempt finding us if we did not return after 24 hours.

We headed out in the dark, taking a short cut through the forest, just in case Cogs found us and captured us too. When we approached the building, we peeped around for an entrance into the Factory Lobby. As soon as we entered, we saw tall grey pipes and towers scattered throughout the entire room, making it easy to hide behind if needed. We found mass amounts of Cogs roaming around, as though they were watching out for intruders. It was almost like they expected us.

We stayed on the outskirts and managed to avoid confrontation. We made it to the next area, the Courtyard. One by one, we ran to the center where there was a large pit. How convenient. I thought. Maybe the spies had dug it out to hide from the robots, who seemed to not see us in the vast hole. But it was rather large to have been recently constructed.

We then waited for the coast to be clear of Cogs, and one by one, we went into the tower entryway doors. I made a run for it when I saw the signal meaning "go" directed at me. I quickly opened the door on the right, and made it to a short corridor before entering a single room where the others had landed. We waited until all 15 had made it. Then we moved to the elevator at the end of the room. All of us fit in without being clustered too close. We were on our way up, none of us knowing what was coming next.

Then there was a loud ding! sound, and the elevator doors rolled open to a large area with a drop-off and a risen floor level that surrounded the second, closed-off area. The first toon stepped out carefully to observe the area. "The coast looks clear." He said. Then we all began to walk out slowly, hoping there were no traps set for intruders.