2 - WAKE ME UP

The guy in the maroon jacket groaned before slowly lifting himself off of the ground. I looked away before snickering to myself.

He picked up his laptop - which had fallen with him - before sitting at a table with his back to me. He was slightly hunched and every now and then let out a small "hiss." He sounded like a punctured tyre.

"So would you like to order? Only customers can use the free wifi." I asked, slightly concerned about this guy's health.

"Sure I'd like to get karate chopped up the asshole please," he said, not looking at me at all.

"I'm sorry that's not on the menu."

"Oh." He slumped even more and seemed saddened by my reply.

The sad looking frisbee looked so sad, it broke my charred black heart. "I'm sure I can figure something out," I said in a hushed way.

I couldn't tell if he was any happier, but he opened up his laptop. The screen shocked me but I kept my gasp in, I can't believe he was on CORNHUB, OF ALL THINGS.

With a disapproving stare at his back, I left to make him a coffee.

Now that I'd left and my back was turned, I heard him muttering strange things to himself. Things such as:

"30% ping ugh.."

"It's not my fucking router.."

"E-e-excuse me I'm very experienced with the Internet."

"I'm not a p-p-pinecone."

I finished making the coffee and jumped over the counter again, while keeping my serving tray horizontal. A quick sanic run later, I'd made it to his table.

Flashes of lightning made me shudder again.

I put the tray on the table, keeping as far away from the laptop as I could before placing the coffee down. I faced the boy, who still had his hood up.

"Here are some positive vibes." I smiled.

"Did I hear positive vibes?" He said, lifting his head with a reptilian-like grin.

All of a sudden it came to me, I knew who this was...

"DAD!?..."