- Chapter Nine -

Hermoine's Point Of View

The smallest things... Smallest things... Things! It isn't a book, it's something else. "Well done, now think, Hermoine. What could it be?" a well-known voice says at once behind me. It's in my head he isn't real... "Think Hemoine!" he grabs my hands. How? "I don't know it." I say frustrated. "Yes, you do! You knew my name, my age and you know this." he says and his hand comes closer to my face. What is he doing? This isn't just in my head! "You're real! You lied to us." I quickly say and he lets go of me. "I did, but that doesn't change anything. You need to find out what happened." he says, but I shake my head. "I can't trust you." I answer and I turn back around in the small room. "No, Hermoine, you can! Please, you have to help me." he almost begs me and I turn back around. Just when I want to say something, I see something. I walk towards the bookshelve and move the books. "What's that?" George asks me when he sees it too. "The smallest thing."

It's a ring. A golden ring with a big green diamant on top of it. "Do you regognise it?" I ask George. "I do, but I don't know where I saw it." he answers and he takes the rig from my hand to take a closer look. "How-how did you actually get in here?" I ask hesitatingly and he looks up to me. "It just happens sometimes. When somebody needs help, I just get this feeling and a few moments later, I'm standing behind them. You needed help so it happened again. But it never happened more than once with the same person." he answers and he looks right into my eyes. Oh no. "Don't." I quickly say and he looks back to the floor and takes a step back. "I'm sorry." he says and two seconds later he's gone.

Draco's Point Of View

How does he get in her head? She doesn't just see things, she's way too smart for that. I have to ask her. We need to talk about George. I write down and I sit down at the window. The moon is bright tonight. I watch her reflection on the lake. I've never actually payed attention to Hogwarts' property; I guess this is why Hermoine always walks around half dreaming. I smile at the thought of her. She's an amazing girl. If only I'd lose my jealousy. I don't want to lose her.

Still no answer from her... She probably already fell asleep. I hope.

This is unbelievable. Our last days and we still have to listen to this boring duffer. At least I have a pretty view. She looks up and, in contrast to what I thought she was going to do, she point at her parchment. I quickly take the piece of parchment she gave me from my bag and read what she wrote. I found the smallest thing. How did she do that? Please tell me Ron didn't find it. How did you do that? I quickly write and I'm happy I'm sitting alone in the back, so nobody can see what I'm writing. She doesn't reply... Why not? 

"Why are you so angry? We found the ring and nothing happened, so what's the problem?" she asks me when we're standing in front of each other in our classroom. "I knew he was real. You're way too intelligent to have voices in your head, but why didn't you say it earlier? I could have helped you, you didn't need him to tell you where it was." I answer, knowing that I'm being unbelievably jealous. "He didn't tell me, I saw it when I was talking to him." she says and she turns silent. What is she hiding? We're both quiet. Wait, what did she say again? Nothing happened. "He tried to hit on you!" I figger it out and she looks up. "Nothing happened." she whispers and I can see she's scared. She's scared... Of me. Oh god. She's scared of me. I let myself fall on the ground against the wall and bury my head in my hands. "Draco?" she quickly sits down in front of me. "You're scared of me." I whisper and I look up. "Not of you! Just of what you wanted to do to George." she answers. She's protecting him? "Why are you protecting him?" I ask her and she sighs. "I don't know, I just don't want you to get hurt and I don't want you to hurt anybody." she answers. "You think I can't handle him?" I ask her and she throws her hands in the air in frustration. "You're unbelievable! I was there when he turned, remember? He was holding me! And the worst part is that he didn't fully turned. Which means if you want to fight with him, or whatever you want to do with him, he'll probably turn complitaly in whatever he turns into when he's angry. So, yes, I think you can't handle him, but I also don't want you to try to handle him." she says frustrated and I'm surprised at how much frustration she has. "Because you're protecting him from me." I say, letting my frustration go too. "Because I'm protecting you!" she shouts and I quickly put my hand on her mouth to shut her up. If we get caught, my dad will know it sooner than I can step foot on the train. When she's calmed down, she grabs my hand and takes it off her mouth. We stay silent. "I'm sorry." we both say at once. I smile and stand up. "I'm an asshole." I sigh and she smiles. "Yes, you are. But I don't mind." Before I know it my lips are attached to hers and I'm not planning on letting go.