Believe(Ky)

"A-Aiden!" I said slowly, not knowing if this was a dream or not.

"Hey Ky!" he said with a huge smile on his face.

Before I could say anything else I was enveloped in a bone-crushing hug, and as soon as I knew what was happening I hugged back. 

It was a hug that you give to a person that you haven't seen in years, yet we had just met.  

The hug lingered for awhile, until we both decided to let go. It wasn't an awkward hug either. We both let out a chuckle, and just smiled.

"I can't believe your actually here." I said in disbelief.

"I know me either." he replied with a charming smile.

The questions came flowing into my head. 

I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that he went to the exact same school as me and lived in the same town. It was really a dream come true.

"So I never got to reply to your message, I was just about to reply to it until I saw you." he chuckled lightly.

I felt a blush flush onto my cheeks. "So Ky what are your plans for lunch?" he asked, reminding me of the message that he sent earlier.

"Hmm, well earlier I had none, but now I'm taking you out to lunch." I said with a big smile on my face.

He returned the smile. "I would love that."

"Just follow me." I said as I slid into the drivers seat of my Jeep.

"Okay." he replied with a smile and a nod.

We drove until we arrived at "The Streets" which is the new mall that was built about 2 years ago and still having things added to it. I thought he would like it here, there are lots of things to do. There are places to eat, places to shop, a brand new movie theatre, and during the holidays they have an ice skating rink(I would go but, I would probably end up falling and killing myself in the process), a pumpkin patch and a Christmas tree farm.

We both parked and started walking towards "Red Robin"(Yummmm!!!!! Haha). I knew I made the right decision when I saw a smile on his face.

We both were seated and ordered our food. He just smiles and I wonder what's going on in that head of his.

"So how does it feel to be back in California?" I ask.

"It's great, I love it, I just can't believe out of all the places in California, here is where I ended up. With you." he smiled that bright charming smile.

"Aww, me either, I couldn't believe that it was you." I smiled back.

Our food finally came, I have to tell you, that was the best lunch of my life! It was filled with laughs and words that would only be understood by us. Best friends.

"I'll pay for it" I politely said.

"No the guy always pays for it, let me." he replied. He was so nice.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really." he smiled.

"Okay, I owe you then." I chuckled.

"No you don't, getting to see you is worth it." he replied.Aww he is so sweet.

After he paid for everything we decided to see a movie. We decided to see "Captain America" since it was still playing and we both hadn't seen it yet. He let me pay for the movie as long as I promised that he could pay for the drinks and the popcorn. Gosh, he was a gentleman. What was I thinking, he doesn't see me like that, I just met him for crying out loud, he's my best friend. No need to set myself up to get hurt...again.

The movie is starting and since it's August and school started today no one was really in the theatre. Considering the movie started at 2:00 and school doesn't get out until 3:00. I love getting out of school early, especially now that I know Aiden has a free period too. Him just being here makes everything better.

As I see the begginning credits of the movie start, I look next to me and see Aiden look at me and smile, I smile back. I come to believe that this is the best first day of my life.