Loraine Smith - Chapter 17

It was three days until the wedding. We still hadn't moved into our appartment, Andrew said it wasn't ready yet. So we were still staying at his mom's house. Which wasn't too bad because she agreed to watch Zach if we wanted to go out. I'm glad we had someone like her in our lives.

I was so nervous. Andrew just seemed as happy and content as always. Andrew also had a honeymoon planned, but he wanted to keep it a surprise. It kind of frustrated me but it was also very sweet at the same time.

"Just tell meeeee" I whined, bring up our honeymoon again.

"No babe, I want it to be a surprise" he smiled, kissing my forehead.

I sighed in defeat, again. We had this conversation like everyday.

So here it was. The day of our wedding. I was shaking a little from being nervous. I was in the guest bedroom, getting ready with the help of Carly and Andrew's mom. I didn't really want to wear my hair up, it wasn't really my thing. So it was straight as always. I put on my makeup, not too much eyeliner but enough to accent my bright eyes and mascara to bring out my long eyelashes. I was happy with the way my makeup turned out. Finally it was time to put on my dress. I had found the perfect dress. It was the dress of my dreams. I smiled when I looked in the mirror after I had the dress on. I was ready for this.

"Loraine, you look so beautiful." Andrew's mom said, smiling at me.

I smiled back her. "Thank you so much for all your help" I paused "mom".

She smiled at me calling her mom and pulled me into a tight hug. "I'm so happy. You are everything a mother could hope her son ends up marrying."

I smiled, feeling my eyes water up, I fanned my eyes with my hand like you see those beauty pagent girls doing. I know, cheesy. But I wasn't about to mess up my makeup right before my wedding.

She pulled out a little box, and opened it, revealing a beautiful silver necklace, with a silver heart charm.

"Oh my gosh! You really didn't have to do that!" I said staring at it then looking at her.

She smiled "I know, but I wanted to" She smiled putting the necklace on me.

"I think you're trying to make me mess up my makeup" I laughed.

She laughed too "You caught me."

We both laughed and she gave me one more hug before we had to go down, the wedding was starting in a few minutes. I took one deep breath.

Here we go.