Loraine Smith - [FINAL CHAPTER!!]

[FINAL CHAPTER!!]

I tried going to sleep, but I ended up tossing and turning. I could not get the picture of my baby lying in a bed wired up to hospital monitors. I noticed Andrew hadn't come to bed yet. I got up, all of the lights we off except the light from the living room tv. I saw Andrew sitting on the couch, watching tv.

"Hey baby" I said softly as I entered the room.

"Hi gorgeous" He smiled and patted his lap for me to sit on.

I walked over and slowly sat on his lap, tears running downs my cheeks. "I'm scared, Andrew."

"I know, babe" he wrapped his arms around my waist. "But I promise everything will be okay. Just try not to worry about it so much. I know he'll be alright."

I sighed and nodded my head. I felt a little bit better, but I was still worried. Andrew gently laid me on my back and he hovered over me. Leaning down and softly pressing his lips against mine. He gently wiped my tears with his thumb and kissed me again. "Everything will be okay" he whispered into my ear. It made me smile that he was so supportive and encouraging through this. I know I couldn't get through it if I didn't. He laid down next to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. We watched tv together until I finally fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning, feeling pretty crappy. Andrew was still laying next to me. His snoring made me laugh and I tried to get up. His arm only tightened around me when I did try.We spent the whole day waiting by the phone. Still no call. We went down there to check on things. They still hadn't changed. Andrew took me out to dinner to get my mind off things. It cheered me up a little bit, but not enough. I didn't really eat my food. I was too upset. I haven't eaten much since we found out the news.

Four more days had passed. Still nothing. I was rapidly losing weight. I stopped eating all together. Why was it taking so long? Why was my precious little boy sick in the hospital? It wasn't fair. I wasn't talking to anyone much, not even my own husband. He knew I was upset, but he was doing his best to cheer me up. I knew he was sad too, but he was thinking optimistically. Which is something I obviously failed at.

I was laying on the couch, just staring at the tv. Usually, this would have been normal, except the tv was off. I just laid there in silence, basically staring at nothing. I heard my phone ring. I figured it was probably Andrew calling from work but my heart beat sped up when I saw it was from the hospital. I was nervous to answer.

"H-hello?" I asked, pain in my voice.

"This is Dr. Johnson, I was calling about your son, Zachary. I am happy to say he is getting better. He should be able to go home in a few days." Said the doctor.

I was so relieved to hear this "Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!" I smiled for the first time in a few days.

I hung up the phone and called Andrew to tell him the good news. He decided to take the rest of the day off to celebrate with me.

He burst through the front door and picked me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. We headed into our room, and well...I think you can figure out the rest.

A few hours later I woke up from a short nap, my head resting on Andrew's chest. I woke up and looked up at him, and he was already awake, looking at me. He smiled at me and I leaned up to kiss him. He gently rubbed his hand up and down my arm.

"I told you everything would be alright baby" He smiled, kissing my forehead.

"I know, I should have listened to you more. I'm sorry I've been distant these past few days. I just couldn't help but think of Zach-"

He cut me off by pressing his lips against mine. "Shhh sweetie, its alright." He laughed softly.

______________________________________________________

A couple days later, I got into my car, on my way to finally pick up my baby. Andrew had to be at work today, otherwise he would have come with me.

I was so happy to have my baby back in my arms. I decided since Andrew couldn't come with me to the hospital, we would go pay him a visit at work.

Andrew was just as happy to see him as I was. It seemed like forever since we were altogether. It was perfect.

A few months later I was feeling sick again. Andrew was at work so Carly said she would take me to the doctor. It had been forever since I had seen her. I leaped into her arms when I saw her and wrapped my legs around her waist.

"I missed you baby!" I laughed and she went along with it.

She drove me to the doctors and after a few tests the doctor determined the "problem".

"Congratulations, Loraine." She smiled "You're pregnant."

My mouth dropped and I began to laugh. Carly laughed too.

"Damn! Haven't you guys heard of a thing called a condom?! Shiiiiit!" Laughed Carly.

I smiled. Wait til I tell Andrew.