Prologue

If you're a part of the wizarding world, then you know of the Huntingdons, and if you know of the Huntingdons, you know that they are a picture-perfect wizarding family. Pierce Huntingdon was an accomplished Ministry of Magic employee, who had earned top marks during his time at Hogwarts as one of Ravenclaw's finest. Pierce's wife Patricia, less formally known as Patti, was referred to as "one of the nicest and most sincere people you will ever meet" by nearly everybody she met. She thrived in Hufflepuff during her time at Hogwarts, and found herself as one of the top healers in the wizarding world after school had ended. Their two year old daughter Aurora was absolutely stunning, with relatively tame and wavy dark hair that resembled her mother's, and deep brown eyes that matched her father's. She had a glowiness to her dark skin tone that made her look constantly happy, and she was constantly happy for the most part. As much as a two year old could be.

As for their other daughter Calista, well, she was just born.

The year was 1959. Pierce and Patti were very proud as they looked down to the newborn baby in their arms. "We did well, Pat." Pierce spoke to the woman, looking into her eyes.

She couldn't help but smile back at the man she loved as she looked back at him. "Yeah Pierce, we did well."

Their moment of sincerity quickly changed its mood however, as Pierce looked down at the baby girl in shock, then horror struck his face.

"Pierce?" Patti questioned in a scared tone, quickly looking down at Calista.

They were sure that when she was born that she had dark hair and brown eyes, but the baby they saw in Patti's arms was blonde with green eyes.

"H-How?!" Pierce asked, standing up and pacing in a frenzy. "Did you put her down? Is this the wrong baby?"

"I haven't put Calista down since the moment they gave her to me!" Patti replied. "She was brunette in my arms not even five minutes ago!"

"Maybe we remember what she looked like wrong..." Pierce pondered, only to get cut off by his frantic wife.

"I know what my daughter looked like Pierce!"

The once sleeping baby had woken up due to the commotion and began to cry. As she cried, both of her parents witnessed the blonde hair transform into blue. Her skin also had changed color; her previously dark skin that matched the rest of the families had transformed into an ivory. A complete contrast.

"Pierce, what do we do?" Patti asked, horrified.

He hesitated to answer for a minute, until he had an idea. His face lit up and the pacing seized. "M-Metamorphmagus!"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"She must be a Metamorphmagus, Patti!" He answered. "It's very rare, but it happens. What else could it be?"

"Gosh Pierce, our daughter? I thought it was hereditary, and none of our family are Metamorphmagi!"

"It usually is hereditary, but not always. I get that it may be super rare Pat, but what else could it be?"

They both turned their attention to Calista as she sneezed, her hair turning bubblegum pink. They looked back at each other, then both burst into laughter.

"Well Pierce, I suppose you're right."