•4•

Hey guysssss long time no seeeeeeeeee

c:

IM SO SORRY I ABANDONED YOU PLEASE FORGIVE ME I AM GARBAGE
*sob*

As an apology (that's a lie I was just bored) I made a quick doodle of her in the notes on my phone ヽ('ー`) it's trash but enjoy

A n y w a y s s s s s s

Story timeee

•••

I began to exit the school. It's was a pretty uneventful day, everything was basically same old same old. I'd go into detail, but you would die from sheer boredom.

I unlocked my bike from the rack, and stuffed my bag into the basket. I inhaled deeply, smelling the rain that was sure to come soon, based on the dark clouds in the sky. I didn't pause long before I began making my way home, hoping to get there before I was caught in natures shower.

I sigh, looking at the monochrome world around me as I contemplated how I would get up to my room while avoiding my father, who may or may not be home.

A bird zipped past my face, almost causing me to fall off my bike.

What's wrong with the birds around here?

I stared blankly at the bird as it narrowly dodged a car, then flew away into the gray sky, leaving the city behind.

Part of me wishes I could do that, too.

Drip

I feel a drop of rain on my face, and grumble at the inconvenience it's sure to cause me, as I begin to pedal faster.

Soon enough, I reach my street, and pull into my muddy driveway, hearing my tires make that sticky noise as they go through it. My dads car isn't here, meaning my plan of stealth isn't needed, thankfully.

I get of my bike, and head inside as quickly as possible, feeling the rain drip off my hair and onto my pale skin. The door gets stuck slightly, and I have to bump it with my hip to force it open, stepping inside. I slip off my muddy shoes, and slam the door behind me, assuring that it latches.

"Hi, Cheese." I murmur, aware that the small goldfish can't possibly hear me, and make my way to the kitchen, swinging open the small, off-white fridge, and searching for anything to eat.

No such luck, why am I surprised.

I settle for instant noodles, which I have stashed inside the oven (that nobody ever uses), and put it in the microwave, after adding water from the tap.

I leave the small room, to go sit on the couch while I wait for my luxurious cuisine to be ready for consumption.

Ah, noodles.

Hey, that almost sounded like one of those ridiculous substitutes for a swear word.

Maybe I should use that.

...nah.

I hear the beeping of the microwave, and retrieve my meal, before heading up to my bedroom to do my homework and pass the time till my shift at the mini mart.

As I slowly make my way through my door, feet creaking slightly on the wooden planks, I notice something...strange.

I thought back to when I left this morning. Now, I was in a rush, but I'm positive that before I left, I did the following:

First, I put my clothes in the hamper. Then, I grabbed my stuff, closed the curtains, and shut the door behind me.

So, how come the curtains were open?

And, why is my bedroom door not latched?

And why is there a small smear of blood on my doorframe?

I step slowly into my room, eyes searching for any sort of intruder, but whoever it was seems to be long gone. I try to reason that, maybe, it was just dad, maybe he came home for a bit and cut his hand on something by mistake, and came into my room searching for me, maybe he forgot I wasn't home in his drunken haze.

I decided to settle for this explanation, choosing to ignore the itch in the back of my mind for the moment as I closed my curtains, and dumped my stuff beside my bed. I retrieved a wet towel from the bathroom to wide off the blood, but took a moment to observe it.

I squinted at it suspiciously.

It certainly looks like some sort of handprint.

I snapped a photo with my phone before getting rid of it.

At least this way if I get murdered in my own home there'll be some sort of evidence? Maybe...?

Hey, I'm not a crime scene detective. I don't know how this works.

I dumped the rag in the hamper and made my way into my bed, eating my noodles while I did my homework in silence.

But the entire time, even as left the house to go to work, I couldn't help but feel watched.