.:City by the Sea:.

Josh now lived in the city. Josh now lived alone in the city. Josh now lived alone in the city by the sea.

Josh looked out of his balcony. He gazed at the lights and the movement that built his first impression on the city by the sea. For a first impression, the city was not graceful, bright or full of life. It was busy, dull and did have life moving through it, even if that life looked drained to the point of death.
Josh turned, to look through the small window to the opposite side of the room. The waves outside of that window flooded Josh's eyes. It was beautiful. The sky was a wonderful dark blue with hints of purple that contrasted with the green and even darker blue that had dyed the sea. The white waves washed up to the dull plain sand and turned brown before retreating back to the colour that made the waves part of our greeny blue underworld.
Josh smiled. The beach made this place worth it. He turned his attention back to his apartment. With only a few boxes left for him to unpack, he decided he would just rest.
Josh made his way to his couch and sat down, letting his head fall back and his arms relax.
*********
Josh's POV

I let myself unwind for 5 minutes but my mind couldnt take the silence and neither could I. It was kinda late but I think it would be okay to go for a walk on the beach at least. Even just to wear me out a little cause I can't just sit here.
*********
Josh made his way out of his apartment block and across a few streets to the beach. Breathing deeply, he took in the sweet smell which was suprisingly non fishy. He looked around at the lit ground and rocks. "The moon is bright tonight..." Josh whispers to himself. He begins to walk along the beach, not really caring about the particles of sand that made their way into his shoes. After only about 3 minutes of walking and listening to the waves, Josh stopped and properly looked at the water that washed ashore a little bit away from him. It puzzled him how easily beautiful it was. As he began to emerge himself in the landscape he saw before him, he heard something. Was that... was that strumming?

*********
Should I continue? Is this too short or just about right? Leave a comment x - Jane.