.:My Pretty Weeper:.

Josh stood still. Not glancing to the horizon for a source of enchantment, but closing his eyes and straining his ears. Where? Where was the sound coming from?
Josh turned his head to the right, making the strumming more promonent to his ears.
He opened his eyes and walked towards the gentle waves of sound, more like a lullaby than the rippling shore.

*********
Josh's POV
I think it's coming from that side of the beach. "Near the rocks?" I whisper to myself as I walk in that direction. Why am I even trying to find this sound anyway? It's probably in my head.

*********
Josh walked in the direction of the rocks but stopped before being in view of the person sitting on the rocks. The beach had benches near where the car park stopped but more to where the beach started, so Josh backed up a few steps and sat there. He listened so carfully, trying to make out the strumming pattern coming from this talented person.
Sadly for Josh, his heart was much like a drum. With every strum, of what he guessed was a ukulele, his heart thumped.
Suddenly the strumming stopped and Josh panicked. He stared at the spot that he was definite he heard the strumming come from and sure enough, someone emerged.
They climbed higher on the rock pyramid that had formed over time and sat on a bigger, more stable rock. Josh could now see this persons features. Josh could now see the boy with the ukulele. He could see the moonlight on the boys hands and cheekbones, but most importantly. He could see how incredibly beautiful that this stranger was.

The stranger made himself comfortable on his stone throne and once again started to strum.
Josh sat in awe as the stranger took a breath and opened his mouth to put the waves to sleep with the sound of his voice.

"Oh, Miss Believer, my pretty sleeper
Your twisted mind is like snow on the road
Your shaking shoulders prove that it's colder
Inside your head than the winter of dead

I will tell you I love you
But the muffs on your ears will cater your fears
My nose and feet are running as we start
To travel through snow
Together we go
Together we go

We get colder
As we grow older
We will walk
So much slower

Oh, Miss Believer, my pretty weeper
Your twisted thoughts are like snow on the rooftops
Please, take my hand, we're in foreign land
As we travel through snow
Together we go
Together we go

We get colder
As we grow older
We will walk
So much slower..."

*********
Josh's POV
He was unbelievable. He was perfect in every way from his singing to his passion and his uke. "Wow..." I whispered to myself yet again. I was under a spell that his voice had cast upon me. I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep and shaky breath as my nerves seem to have spiked. It was like breathing sugar air by knowning he had sang to the night and the waves with such caution and kindness. It was a sweet breath and this moment was perfect. As I opened my eyes, I noticed that this mysterious boy at the beach looked unhappy. His head was hanging low. Was he weeping? Should I confess that he's not alone. What's the matter with my boy on the rocks?

*********
I'm gonna aim for 350+ words for every chapter from now on. How do you think its going so far? Should I fix something for the next chapter? -Jane x
*********