Chapter 3 - The Band

A week of what can only be described as pure weirdness passed and I thought I was just having a massive, extremely elaborate dream. 

As everyday passed I began to look more and more like the person I had forever looked up to. 

Every time I looked in the mirror I couldn't help but stare at my reflection. The doctors and nurses treating me had no explanation. In fact, they were probably more freaked out than me or any of my family members were. 

And Kayla. Kayla laid in a coma. Every day I sat by her bedside hoping she'd wake up. It killed me that she was hurting because of me. And my little sister was probably the only person in the world who loved Family Force 5 more than I did, and if only she could see me right now. She would probably die of happiness.

 __________________________________________________________________________________

"Dude, how've you been?" I got jolted out of my thoughts by a familiar, but also not so familiar voice. 

"We were worried sick," chimed in another voice

"..yeah but we always knew you'd pull through." the final voice caused me to look up in recognition. 

Standing before me were none other than Derek Mounts, Nathan Currins, and Jacob and Joshua Olds.

"Guys," I said, my voice dripping with awe and my mouth hanging open

"Awww, look at Solly," Jacob laughed, "He looks like he doesn't remember us"

The rest of the guys laughed with him. 

"C'mon bro," Derek said, giving me a strange look. I could tell he was the only one who might be slightly insightful that 'Soul Glow' was not himself. 

"Yeah," Josh chimed in, "We need you bro. We had to cancel all of our tour because of that stupid accident. Hurry up and get better." 

They continued having a laughter filled conversation--something about one of 'our' last tours--while I just sat there and stared at them, trying to figure out what was going on. 

I mean, yeah, I recognize that I have turned into Solomon Olds, but I thought that maybe there was just two of him now. 

Seriously though, how likely is it that a 17 year old boy gets into a car accident, changes into his idol, and his idol just poof disappears?

"Well, later bro," Derek's voice breaks me out of my thoughts once more, "We're gonna head out. It looks like you need your sleep."

They left my room yelling a chorus of "good byes" and "feel better soon"s and a lot of snickering. I laid back on my pillow again, getting lost in thought about what my life had become. Before I knew it, I was out like a light.

_________________________________________________________________

"Reed! Wake up," my mom whisper-yelled in my ear, "The doctor is coming to talk to you."

"Do I have to?" I groaned, rolling over.

"You might," she said, her voice sounding shaky, "The doctor thinks he might have figured out whats going on."

_________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I've finally updated the story :) In addition I wrote out my plan for this story and how I want the plot to flow so I think its going to be nine parts (I know short story, I'm sorry). So I'm going to keep updating it on Sundays (I'm just home sick today). So in 6 Sundays you guys will finally have your ending! :) Thank you so much for all of the awesome comment and votes. You guys are what made me decide to finish this story and I'm going to dedicate the rest of my chapters to some of you. Thanks guys!

-- isabel_is_dead (formerly soulglowactivaturFF5)