H a v e

DEAR PRINCE CHARMING,

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, that happened.

And by that, I mean the new girl.

She was everything I was not, everything I wished to be.

The perfect Cinderella with blond hair and blue eyes, and yet she was also confident.

At first sight, you automatically seemed taken with her.

Oh, how I wished you would look at me, just once, like you did to her.

She'd only been in our town for two days and she'd already managed to catch everyone's interest on her.

Especially the general male population in our school.

And of course when my first period teacher asked us who would like to show the new girl around, we all volunteered.

Yes, we.

There was no way I would willingly let the girl take away what was rightfully mine.

So naturally I did what was in my best interest. I offered myself.

"So how do you find Texas?" I smiled.

The new girl, Serenity, looked up from her sandwich and smiled widely.

"It's been fantastic, actually. Thanks again for letting me hang out with you and your friends."

I shook my head lightly, "No, its been quite a pleasure getting to know you. I can see why everyone loves you already."

Her cheery laugh was contagious, to say the least, because soon the rest of the group was laughing as well.

"Oh God, your laugh is so cute!" Tessa gushed, pushing a strand of her strawberry-blond hair behind her ear.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes and instead gave Serenity a tight smile.

She gave returned a sincere smile, contrary to mine.

"Hey guys," I looked up to find none other than you standing there with a lopsided smile, "mind if I join you?"

On any other occasion I would have jumped up and down from excitement that you had wanted to sit with us, but this was obviously not the case.

I knew why you came.

One look at how you stared at her said it all.

Dear Prince Charming, was it possible that you were falling in love with the wrong girl?

---

I hope you enjoyed! Any constructive criticism is of course welcome.

I love you to infinity and beyond <3

Dedicated to rodens bc I dream of a Jared like in "I'm sick"