seventeen

erin ***

 Nothing really beats seeing your best friend perform on a stage with the other three dorks you've managed to make friends with. But what does make me a little uncomfortable are the stares from all the other girls as I walk past with Calum.

 "It's okay, they're just curious." He whispers. I shrug it off and walk to the entrance with him. "So, I guess I'll see you in about thirty minutes?" He smiles.

 "Yeah!" I grab a bottle of water and take a swig. "I can't wait to see you perform." He nods and heads into the rehearsal room. It's obviously raining, so I sit under a concrete ledge that keeps me dry as I wait.

 I'm actually surprised that girls aren't trying to strangle me with their flannels. I just casually strode in here with their idol and gave him a hug like I would see him again. Which I would, but that's beside the point. "Hello." A girl sits next to me, her curly blonde hair whipping in her face. "So, apparently you're the life of the party." She points to all the girls staring at me.

 "I guess." I shrug. "He's only my friend. We accidentally met because he had the wrong number, and we just started talking." She smiles.

 "I'm Gabriela, but you can call me Gaby." She picks at a ripped piece of plastic on her Converse. "Who are you?"

 "I'm Erin."

 "Cool." She takes a drink of water. "So, what row?"

 "Um, 102."

 "Front row?" She exclaims. "Lucky." She looks over at the entrance. "We should probably get going."

 I check the time. "Oh my god, we should." I stumble onto my feet. We walk to the entrance, my heart almost beating out of my chest.

 calpal: showtime babygirl