Chapter 2: Saturday Treat

{ Ch. : Saturday Treat }

    We finished cleaning the house by 1, wow that was fast. Usually when I'm alone cleaning the house, I'll be done by 2:30. Thanks to Riley for helping me out.

   "So, let's go?" Riley asked.

   "Yep," I answered with a smile.

   We went out of the house and started walking on our way to the park. We always do this every Saturday. You know, walk to the park, and grab some ice cream. While we're walking, we really don't talk that much than we usually do. I don't even know why...

   When we finally reached the park, we immediately went straight to the ice cream vendor that is near to the nearest bench in the park's entrance.

   "One chocolate chip and coffee crumble in a cone please," Riley asked the vendor and he gave the 2 mouth-watering ice cream cones to his hands. He paid the vendor and bid him 'thank you.'

   We went under a sycamore tree in the park. We usually hang out there instead of the benches. It feels warm and comfortable sitting under that tree. It' became spot since the time we discovered that tree.

   "Here ya go Phoebs," Riley said while giving me the chocolate chip one. My favorite, yum.

   "Thanks Ri,"  I said with a smile and started eating my ice cream.

   We're just eating our ice cream cones quietly until Riley spoke, "So, how's your day so far?"

   "Fine, just a little bit tired because you know, Aunt Lisha is giving me heavy chores," I answered, trying not to sound sarcastic at all.

   "That's so mean of her," Riley said and I laughed a little, "I know right," I answered "How about you? How's your day so far?"

   Riley shrugged his shoulders, "Nah, like what I said awhile ago, I was bored," Riley said while getting something on his pocket, "So I decided to make a new song," then he opened a piece of paper.

  Riley likes composing new songs. Music is his passion. Whenever he likes a girl, he always write a song for her. But of course as his bestfriend slash sister, he always make me listen to it first and ask for my opinion. Riley's future girlfriend must feel special.

   "Cool," I said with a smile, "Can you sing it for me? I want to hear it,"

   "Sure," Riley said and grabbed his guitar on his side and positioned it on his lap and started to strum. 

"You got holes in your jeans,

and few in your heart"

   Riley sang while looking on my face straight to my eyes. I feel so uncomfortable right now...

"You don’t know what it means to me,

to watch you fall apart"

   Riley continued singing still looking on my face straight to my eyes. I felt my cheeks warmed. What's happening?

"Cause you're broken and bruised, but I can hold you close.

I’ll take you in my arms tonight, just me and you."

   RIley stopped singing and strumming and faced me. He looked at my eyes, then my nose, then my lips. His face is almost an inch away from my face. My heart is beating so fast. Lub-dub, lub-dub, lub-dub, what's that? What's happening? I know this is not right and embarassing. There are so many people around the park, they might see us! What is he doing?

   Is he going to kiss me?

   "What?!" I said annoyingly but trying not to sound irritated at all. I can't help it!

   Riley giggled, "There's a dirt on the side of your lips,"