Hot Chocolate and Trouble

I stood in front of Wayne with a hand on my hip. To be honest, I was probably going overboard with this.

" Ashley, come on babe, let's just talk." Wayne pleads.

"Talk about what? You've already jumped to conclusions and then some. Why don't you just dump me like you did to all those other girls?"

"What's a conclusion, Mommy?" Mya appeared from behind Wayne and looked up at me with her huge eyes.

My heart instantly jumped. Yes, her daddy gets on my last damn nerve, but I do love my baby girl. ANd here I was acting like a two year old in front of her.

"I'm sorry baby. Let's all go back to Wayne's house and have some hot chocolate." I say, bending down in front of her.

"YES!! Come on Mr. Carter! Mommy makes it with whipped cream and candy canes and marshmallows!" Mya grabs Wayne's hand and tries to drag him with her. I roll my eyes. Now that she said it, I'm going to have to go all out on this hot chocolate.

..............................

We are in the kitchen sipping hot chocolate. Well, I'm sipping hot chocolate. Mya and Wayne are eating the Mount Everest of whipped cream on top of their hot chocolate. Wayne looks up at me and flashes me a smile.

"You still mad baby?"

"Nah. I'm good now." I reply.

"It must be my killer looks!" Wayne's smile grows even bigger. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, ok then!"

"It was the hot chocolate!" Mya says very seriously and we all crack up.

.......................

"You just had Mya! You are not getting her this weekend." I pace around the guest room.

"No, you shut your freaking mouth and listen to me. I am not putting my daughter in an unsafe environment. Anywhere with you is unsafe."

I was on the phone with Mya's daddy. He wanted to have Mya that weekend, but the last time Mya was at his house, she said he walked in on her while she was taking a bath. There was no way she was going back to his house unless I was there too.

"What! No! You can't just come take her! Hello! Hello?" I chew a strand of my hair nervously. He said he was just going to come and get her. I spit the strand of hair out my mouth, pissed now. No one was going to  touch my baby. With that thought, I run out the guest room to find Wayne.