Coming Back Home

I hate being stuck in the hospital. Looking around there isn’t even anything to do and it’s so depressing like I’m not depressed already! I turn off the TV, pulling out my IPodTouch from my book bag.

‘Someone like you’ by Adele. I just love Adele! She’s amazing!

“I was singing along when it came to the chorus.

Never mind I’ll find someone like you

I wish nothing but the best-”

The door burst open and came in an angry Sara. I pull out my earphones. What does she want now?

“You ruined my life, Bitch!” Ouch! Doesn’t feel good hearing her calling me that. “Do you know what you did?” she points her index finger at me with hate all over her face.

I am clueless as to why she is throwing a tantrum “David just broke up with me because of you! You…You…Ugly bitch!” she stutters at the end trying to figure what to call me.

This is totally making me truculent “So! Do I look like I care?” I raise my brow to tell her I do not care. “And, just to let you know you should be glad he broke up with you! He was cheating with Lauren” I let out a frustrated sigh.

“Ughhh! I hate you! Also, I’m glad that you got beat up by Michael! You deserve that shit!” she says before leaving the room. Wow, like she doesn’t think I know already.

No! You cannot show that you can me vulnerable to people. I hate being so vulnerable. Come on, Dara. Suck up your tears. No more crying, be tough! Four more days and I’ll get released from the hospital. I’ll finally be free from Boston.

Should I have told Gwen that I’ll being leaving? I know she’s been visiting me every day since I got in the hospital. I should tell her, but I don’t want anyone to know where I am. I think it’s best that way.

“You ready, Hon?” My dad says walking in “You ready to go?

“Yeah.” I nod wiping my tears “Dad?”

“What is it, Dara? Do you not want to go anymore?” he comes by my side.

I nod “No, no one’s going to miss me, Dad.”

“Sweetie, I will miss you.” He pulls me into a hug as we both cry.

Stepping out the car, I see mom isn’t here. Good. She’s never home. She’s a wedding planner so she’s always gone half of the time. My sister’s at school. No one will see me leave.

My dad came into my room with a suitcase giving me my passport and my ticket to London. I pack my clothes, and other stuff that I would need. I came downstairs spotting my dad waiting for me. I’m going to miss my dad. I know this is tough for me and for my dad, but I know he knows this is best for me. We got into the car and drove to the airport.

We park in front of the entrance and we both step out. I watch him as he takes out my suitcase. We both stood hugging each other.

“Okay,” we pull away “I’ll send you money every two weeks, okay?” my dad says.

“Dad, I’m going to miss you!” I sniff wiping my tears.

 “What are you going to tell everyone?” I ask him.

“I don’t know, I guess I’ll just say you went to live with one of your uncle, but I won’t say who.” He said.

“Please don’t tell them exactly where I am, Dad?”

“I won’t.”

 Thanks dad!” I say giving him a hug.

“Well, you better get going.”