Is Light Yagami a Shinigami After Death?

Hello wonderful people and welcome back to a new anime conspiracy theory! I'm here to bring you theories that'll ruin animes and more than likely, your childhood! So without further stalling, let's begin!

Everyone knows the crazy, genius high schooler named Light Yagami, right? You know, the one who is trying to become the god of a new world? Yeah, well today we are going to discuss him. Just him and practically nothing else.

So today's theory is: is Light Yagami a Shinigami after death? Or more specifically, does he become a Shinigami after he dies?

The reason most people believe that he might be is the way he tosses an apple to a Ryuk and the similar coat he was wearing to the one Light had been wearing when he died. Now, in order to really figure out the probability of Light becoming a Shinigami, we have to dig into the whole series.

So Light Yagami, a genius of a high school student, finds a Death Note one day. He reads the rules, Yada Yada, decides to rid the world of evil, Yada Yada, all the while becoming an evil person himself. But the main thing that could trigger him becoming a Shinigami in the after life is this:

He uses the Death Note so casually and he has killed so many people.

But what about what Ryuk had said to him before? A person that uses the Death Note can go to neither heaven nor hell? So where would Light be going? Well, since I have never heard of an in-between the after life and death except for in Bleach, I believe that he becomes a Shinigami.

Especially since if you become a Shinigami, you can continue to kill people, though it might seem like there is no use. But than again, you have to remember Light was trying to get rid of evil in the world. So, he is most likely to become a Shinigami.

To wrap up this obvious and short theory, we have the fact that Light just seems to be suited for this. So here's how it really plays out.

After Light Yagami dies, he doesn't go to hell nor heaven. He instead goes to the barren world of Shinigami, where he also becomes a Shinigami. There he bears a coat much like the one he was wearing before he dies.

He also knows Ryuk, which is also further evidence. There in the Shinigami world, he continues to mass delete with a Death Note.

So, yeah. But that's just an anime theory and nothing more, nothing less. Unless a new Death Note series comes out and... Well, that's just a fantasy of my own. But anyways, thank you for sticking around!

The only thing we really need to regret in the Death Note series is the fact that Near survives in the end... But that's just my opinion. See ya!