Chapter 9

Georgia's P.O.V

"So, how has your day been so far?" Marcel asks enthusiastically but I'm not feeling it today, honestly.?

"Are you really asking me that?" I roll my eyes as i take a few steps as the lunch line slowly inches ti a stop. Mumbled voices buzzing everywhere. People talking about homecoming and their outfits.

"Oh, oh my goodness. I am so terribly sorry for starting a conversation. Pardon me." Marcel says sarcastically, and again, the line inches forward.

"Shut up. It was absolute shit okay?" I have no reason behind my bitterness, im just bitter.

"Bloody Hell, Georgia. Its not a big deal. What is eating you up?" The line makes a huge jump making me walk faster for once.

"Nothing, I just- Im sorry my head is pulsing and I'm just sick of the whole 'What are you wearing to homecoming?'" I mock female voices and Marcel just laughs hopelessly at me.

"What?!" He continues to laugh but relaxes when we finally reach the front of the line where the 'delicious' lunch food sits, ready to get picked up.

"Nothing, its just, you're really strange. And quite frankly, its an amazing thing to witness." He says as he grabs a sandwich.

"So me being a spastic bitch is funny to you?" I cant help but also chuckle. It only makes Marcel laugh harder. We collect the food and make our way to the bleachers.

. . . . . . . .

"Look, you're my friend and all and i love you for that but seriously Marcel, you need a hair cut." I spoon out a bit of my pasta, and proceed to stuff my mouth.

"But, im happy with it. Like it looks better like this. Its the new me!" Marcel flips his shoulder length hair, and fails to be 'sassy'.

"Its just it-"

"Long hair, dont care." Marcel cuts me off and bites his sandwich. I couldnt help but smile.

"You, my friend, are really strange. And quite frankly, its an amazing thing to witness." I mock Marcel's voice and he only shoves me a little.

"Whatever." He takes another bite into his sandwich as i take a bite into my pasta.

Then silence falls between us until Marcel cuts into it once again.

"You know, homecoming is a big deal here."

"Yeah i didnt know the UK, had homecoming."

"Well we do. Hey i got to go to the toilet. I'll be back" Marcel finishes up his food and stands up, causing his journal to fall and open on impact. Marcel doesn't notice because he just rushed away. I look down at the black journal and was about to close it until i see my name at the top of the page as an entry title.

"What.. Is.. This.." I mumble to myself as i look around to see if Marcel was coming back yet. I quickly pick up the journal and ready through the entry. My eyes grow wide. I cant believe what I'm reading right now......

Georgia.
I saw her first. I spoke to her first. I was first. Why should I hide my thoughts away just for Harry? I spoke to her when she first came to school. I'm an absolute creep and if she were to ever find out that I'm hiding under a disguise just so Harry wouldn't bother me about her anymore, i would be devastated. Harry even told me not to get near her, I listened though. I'm completely selfish and I let her deal with a prick such as Harry. I just couldn't talk to her like I've always wanted to. I was given a chance.

-M.S.

Just as I finish reading the last word aloud, Marcel is standing in front of me, shocked and at a loss for words.

"I-I trusted.... You", Marcel has tears in his eyes from how horrified he was. That entry.... it was never intended for my eyes. I quickly look up and shut the journal. Putting my hand over my mouth, just completely lost.

"I-I, what??? So, the first day of school... I spoke to you, and i was traded over to Harry because you didn't want to get hurt? This whole time i was with Harry thinking he could have still been that generous guy i spoke to the first week of school but nooooo if was you! Your clothing? You dressed just like him before you dressed in your raggedy clothes. Now i recall seeing ink at the edge of that black long sleeve shirt you were wearing on the first day of school too. Now i know you, and I have completely wasted my time on Harry and now i have wasted even more effort and breath with you too." I stand up in fury as i gather my things and start to walk away but Marcel blocks my path.

"If you dont move I swea-" i threaten Marcel but I'm cut off.

"You swear to what exactly? You're angry with me? You're the one who read my journal without my permission in the first place, and you're upset with me???? Who are you right now, Georgia? Maybe if you hadn't opened it while I was gone none of this would have happened!" Marcel looks furiously at me and I can't help to feel heartbroken.

"I fell for the boy I met and spoke to so freely the first day of school, and that boy, he's nothing but selfish coward." I say as softly as possible, keeping eye contact with him. He shoulders slumped and his features siften, his hands dropped down to his sides in defeat. I brush past him, walking away and he didn't make an attempt to stop me. I guess my carefully chosen words gave him a shock as his writing gave me mine.