Chapter 8

The clock reads 5:40pm and I have to call Marcel and let him know what the plans are. I still haven't even asked my parents yet. I head towards my mom and dads bedroom and knock softly.

"Yeah?!"

"Dad? Can I come in? I wanna ask you guys something."

"Yeah, come in."

I open the door and see my parents laying on their bed watching some sitcom.

"Hey, I was wondering if I could go out with a friend tonight?"

"You have a friend?" My dad teases.

"Oh come on." I giggle.

"Did you finish your homework?" Oh jeez mom, here we go. . .

"Yes, I always do."

"Hmm, Yeah, I guess. What time will you be home?" My dad questions.

"Hopefully by 8 or 9."

"Make it 8:30."

"Sure, no problem." I turn around and head out the door.

"Oh, Georgia!" My mothers calls me back in and I open the door in irritation.

"What."

"Don't do anything stupid that would disappoint us or yourself."

"Yes mom."

God,what do they think I'm going to do? Go on a murdering spree? I'll be fine and they should trust me enough. I walk back into my bedroom and I look for my phone its on my bed I decide to text Marcel and let him know that I will be able to go to meet him at the park.

On my way to the pond at the park. See you soon. This better be good. lol

I step into my black vans. Pull on a crew neck, stuff my phone in my pocket and head out to meet my 'guided mentor' at the park.

. . . . .

Most peaceful place to sit is at the pond in the late hours of the afternoon. Sometimes, I come here just to write. I'm sitting for about 10 minutes alone and finally I feel vibration from my phone.

Come to my car, by the way its a short walking distance behind you.

I put my phone away and turn around behind me and sure enough, the car is parked on the street. I make my way over and the car isn't a mini cooper anymore. Its a 1969 model of the Mustang. How did he even get this American muscle car over here. Mustangs are my favorite cars. I grab onto the handle and get into the vehicle.

"Nice car man."

"Thanks. . .Dude?"

"So where are we going?"

"You'll see, but put on your seat belt please."

I quickly buckle myself in and get excited for what's to come. 

. . . . . .

The car drive is silent but the soft music in the background soothes my anxiety of whats to come. Marcel finally pulls up on a road that is all trees and dirt. It looks like it could be an imitation of Oregon.

"So what is so special about this place?"

"Well maybe if you hurried up and came with me to the top of this hill we could see the magic."