Broken Wheels

Once in a while, Red goes for a bike ride, and sometimes Barney decides to tag along. He though it was a good way to stay in shape and spend some time together. They usually ride around in the afternoons on weekends or later at night on workdays. Today it seemed like it was just going to be another bike ride with each together, yet that sadly wasn't the case.

They had just came out of work an hour ago and they already felt ready to go. After taking a short nap, Red got his bike ready and waited for Barney to join him. It was a workday so they had to go later on, around nine. "Okay's I'ms ready" Barney shouted to Red. Barney turned to face the door and flipped though a few keys on his keychain to lock the door. Once he found the right key, he pushed in into the door nod and twisted it until a click was heard, indicated it was locked. Barney picked up his bike by the handles and rode it over to Red. It was dark out and the only lights were from other houses and the street lights that they come across once it a while. "Come on, I'll race you" Red replied taking off. "Hey's you's dirt bag!" Barney said laughing, taking off after Red.

He had finally caught up to Red, slightly out of breath. They crossed roads of neighborhoods in the quiet darkness. Everything was silent expect for their small conversations and dogs barking ever so often. The sky was slowly becoming dimmer and Barney became concerned about this. Red didn't seem to notice at all just riding down the sidewalk and empty roads.

"Hey's Red, should's we's go's back? It's getting's late." Barney asked. "Alright just ten more minutes" Red replied childishly. "You's sure, it's eleven's already?" Barney checked his phone a few minutes ago, but he took his best guess that it as around eleven. "Fine. Five more minutes." Red said, trying to persuade him to ride a bit longer. "Alright" Barney agreed. Time felt like it few by for Red. He wanted this night to last, to enjoy the silence and be with his friend. He always though it was sweet when Barney to come along. When Barney didn't ride with Red, he always came home earlier. He loved peace and quiet, but not being alone in silence. It made him feel uneasy.

"Okay let's go's Red's" Barney said. He didn't want to leave that much either, but he felt this feeling. It stayed with him for awhile, but he just passed it off as paranoia. However now the feeling felt as if the idea was nailed into his brain. "Alright." Red turned his bike around as Barney did the same. Red felt this feeling as well, but he always shook it off and focused on the road and Barney behind him. They were on the way back home and everything felt okay for a moment. Everything was okay until they saw a man walking on the side walk. At the end of the road they could see a van pull into the street. Barney and Red could easily tell the van was staying behind the man who was walking. That paranoid feeling came back to both of them.

"Hey." Red and Barney both heard this and turned their heads towards the man. Neither of them spoke. "Can you to come over here and help me real quick?" He asked. It was pitch black and the van didn't even have on it front lights. All the two could make out was that he was wearing a green hoodie and a baseball cap; covering details of his face. "What's do you's needs help with?" Barney asked. He had a bad feeling about this whole situation, and he surely didn't trust this man or the people in that van.

"I need to borrow your phone real quick" he asked. Barney grabbed Red's bike handle and pulled it towards him. "Sorry's, we lefts ours phones at home" Barney responded truthfully. Barney's response sounded normal, but his stare was telling the guy to get the hell away. "Okay," the man said "could you help me find mine then." He kept trying to convince the two to tend to his needs, yet neither Red or Barney would step forward. "We's have to leave's now, sorry" he said again. "No no, I promise it will only take a second" the man said. He slowly arched closer to the two while the people in the van just stalked nearby. Then Barney's calm voice became demanding. "We'res leavings now."