the quidditch bitch

As I jogged next to Neha, Yoyo, Lyle, Stuart, Billy and Nick ahead of us, I thought about how horrible I was at sports. I rarely ever ran and when I did, it was for short amounts of time, normally to catch up to someone.

"Alright teams, welcome to the Quidditch Pitch." The guy with frizzy hair told us, looking at everyone. "Let's have a good, clean match nooglers!" He enthusiastically ordered before blowing his whistle.

We quickly gathered into a circle, me between Stuart and Nick, getting ready to plan out how we would play.

Lyle started to talk really fast, giving us the rules and how we needed to play to win. I looked at him, my mouth opened slightly and my eyes narrowed in a confused manner. I looked up at Stuart, who had the same face that I did. I immediately shut my mouth to hold in any giggles, however this caused me to accidentally snort, which made everyone turn to me. I looked down, pressing my lips together before Lyle continued to give orders.

"No confungus charms." I heard Lyle say.

"No what?" I asked, having absolutely no clue what he was talking about.

He sighed, putting the end of his broomstick into the middle of the circle.

"Brooms in, hufflepuff on three." He started, looking at us expectantly. "One-two-three, hufflepuff!" Everyone exclaimed and started jogging towards the starting line.

"You know, we do that more than you think, you just don't notice." Stuart said, not looking at me and continuing to jog, however he was barely jogging and I was almost running.

"What?" I looked up at him, confused as to what he was saying.

"Make the same faces." He said as if it was obvious.

"Oh." I said before turning my attention to the game.

As everyone ran around like crazy chickens, I tried to grab the ball multiple times, however I couldn't, seeing as I was way smaller than everyone else.

I suddenly saw Zack fall and the ball went tumbling out of his hands. I ran as fast as my short legs could carry me and grabbed it. I looked around at my team mates, however they were all too far away and wouldn't be able to get the ball if I threw it. Then I saw Stuart. He was standing with his broom between his legs and his eyes trained on his phone. I looked to the blue team who was currently racing towards me. I had no choice but to throw it to him.

"Stuart!" I shouted, throwing the ball in his direction.

It hit him right in the head before bouncing off and into the hands of the opposing team.

"What the hell was that?" He asked me, looking at me with a glare through his glasses.

"Why don't you try looking up and giving a shit man?" I asked, throwing a hand up before running again.

"Whe-te-feu-weh-te-feuh" He mimicked, holding his phone filled hand out.