team lyle

I sat in the bleachers, tired because of the late night studying I had done the night before. Today was the day that we would choose our teams. I looked around, wondering who I would end up with. I looked back down at the google managers, my eyes meeting with my brothers, I shot him a smile and a small wave and he did the same.

I listened to some guy with crazy hair blab on about Google being a community and some other crap before Chetty took over, obviously annoyed with how long this speech was taking.

"You have five minutes. Pick your teams." He told everyone.

I got up, immediately trying to find someone to partner with.

Every person I asked, turned me down. Of course, since I hadn't attended harvard or any other super important school in the United States, I wasn't "good enough" for those people.

"I was voted most likely to succeed on my chess club. . " A boy told the guy with glasses from yesterday, who was now known as "Twombly" since I still didn't know his first name.

"Hey boys." I told them, putting my hands on my hips and smiling up at the both of them.

Twombly puffed out his cheeks and looked back down at his phone, walking away.

"Well." I said, making my eyes wide.

"I'm Rylie." I smiled at the boy who had been talking only moments before.

"Yoyo." He said nervously.

I heard a small timer go off at the bottom of the stairs and I realized that I hadn't found anyone to partner with. I suddenly started to panic, hoping that I wouldn't be kicked out or left to work on my own.

After standing around for a moment, I heard a loud voice.

"Ba bam. Kaplash. Zzzzaa." I looked up, along with Twombly and Yoyo, trying to see who was making the weird noises.

"We're about to get it all good up in this hood, right?" I saw Lyle talking to Nick and Billy

I smiled a bit, turning back around in my seat next to Twombly.

I looked at him, wondering why he was always so quiet and emotionless.

I peered at his phone, which he suddenly jerked away.

"Not your business, nosy." He said, glaring through his glasses.

"Oh come on. Why are you always so glued to that thing anyways?"

"Girlfriend." He said, going back to typing away at his phone.

"Oh."

"Yep." He said, sounding bored.

-

"Good morning interns." Chettys voice rang out from the computer.

"Move." I muttered to the boy next to me who I now knew was named Stuart.