5

Ava's POV

As soon as Mason and Henry had left, Alex had gone upstairs to get changed. I, however, was still in the exact same spot I had been when Alex was downstairs - curled up on the sofa, but now with a blanket wrapped around me, whilst watching Full House.

The episode finished and I yawned. Alex still hadn't come downstairs and he still hadn't told me where he had been earlier.

I reluctantly got up from where I was sitting on the sofa, wrapping the blanket over my shoulders as I trudged up the stairs in search of Alex. I knocked on his bedroom door, waiting for an answer. 

No reply.

I knocked again. The door didn't open nor could I hear anyone making any effort to come and open it. "Alex?" No answer. I huffed in annoyance, pushing open the door anyway and poking my head around the corner.

Alex was sat on the bed in front of me, his back facing the door.

I pushed the door open all the way, stepping inside his room. "How hard is it to open the God Damn door?" I asked, walking towards him.

"Sorry Sugar, I was busy."

I rolled my eyes, walking around the bed so that I was facing him, about to make another comment telling him to not to call me Sugar when I stopped in my tracks.

He had clearly showered as his hair was wet and clung messily to his forehead, as he saw me looking he reached up to run a hand through it. My eyes immediately flickered to his hand. His knuckles were red and bleeding, bruises already starting to from underneath.

My eyes widened as I looked at them again. "What have you done? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He said bluntly, shrugging me off before looking back to his phone in his other hand.

"Let me help," I took a seat next to him, taking his hand in mine and looking at it. I saw him noticeably flinch as I picked it up and I bit down on my bottom lip. Where the fuck did he go?

"I don't need your help," He muttered, pulling his hand back.

"Well I didn't need two boys to look after me but that still happened - wait here," I told him, standing up and rushing into the bathroom. I pulled open the cupboard, quickly scanning the shelves before I found what I was looking for - The First Aid kit.

I rushed back to Alex's bed, taking a seat next to him and opening it up. 

"This might sting a little," I said, grabbing the antiseptic and pouring a little onto a cotton pad. He nodded his head and I could feel his burning gaze staring right at me.

I wiped the antiseptic across his knuckles, carefully cleaning each cut before moving on to the next. I looked up at Alex who seemed to be unfazed as if he'd done this a million times before.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"Don't worry about it," he said bluntly.

"Where did you go?" I asked, trying again.

"It doesn't matter," He said.

"Okay," I replied, dropping the subject. He would tell me eventually if he wanted to.

"All done," I placed his hand back down, shutting his First Aid Kit and looking back up at him only to find that he was still staring at me intently.

I raised an eyebrow and his gaze immediately dropped down to his hand, his signature smirk returning back on his face. "Not too bad Sugar,"

I picked up the First Aid Kit, standing up so I could put it back where I had found it. "That's not my name," I told him, although it seemed almost pointless now.