your fired

Another day..another dollar

I said to my self walking in yo the hospital. The smell of rubber cloves fill my nose.

I shook my head to escape my thoughts. Walking past the front desk to clock in, Karen - basically my best friend- gives me look.

"Is everything okay Karen" covers feeling my tone.

"Mr.Chen wants to see you.." she said

"Oh...really?...OK ...thanks K" I have her light smile and began to walk towards the elevator.

Am I getting fired?

A raise?

A new position?

All of these questions filled my brain my palms began to sweat.

DING.

I snap out of my thoughts and look at what floor I was on, 2. I groan in frustration. Just when I left up my head I see a tall tanned man standing in front of me in the elevator door. He was wearing a white button shirt that fit him well, I could see his tattoo through his right arm sleeve he had rolled up. His dirty blonde hair looked so smooth I just wanted to run my hair through it.

I bet he's a bachelor ..

"Excuse me?" He said his deep voice passing through my ears, giving me goosebumps.

"Mhm" I said not able to say anything.

"So your nurse?" He smiles at me showing his dimples and his beautiful smile.

"Yes ...I'm a RN.." I hesitantly said, wondering if her notice.

DING.

the elevator doors opened and began to walk away but her turned back around giving me a smile "see you around Lizzy" then he walked away leaving me dumbfounded.

How did he??

DING.

The doors opened again leaving me to my floor. Everyone is running around with papers and files, needles and meds. I love this place , it's like my family here.

"Mrs. Adams!" I heard a familiar voice say behind me.
I turn to see Mr.Chen.

Great.

"Yes?" I asked

"My office now" his voice so strong and demanding.

Kevin.

Urghhh I could have said more then that to her! I feel so stupid.

She's so beautiful, (Elizabeth Adams) gosh I want her so bad. Usually I would be in my bachelor mood with women but, her...I don't want to hurt someone who looks so ...

Oh well I'll do it anyway.

I went up to the 5th floor to find her but I didn't see her so I left a note and gave it to the lady at the front desk on my way out down on the 1rst floor.

When I walked out the hospital I get a call from one of my "hoes".

"Yeah?" I answered

"Hey kev what are we doing tonight.?" She was being to ask but I cut her off.

"Nothing we're done" and I hung up in her face.

I got into my BMW and day there and waited on Lizzy.

Elizabeth.

"Yes Mr.Chen?" I said sitting in the chair in front of his desk.

"Look....Liz....the way out system is ..we have to may RNs and.." he was saying but I cut him off.

"And?...what are you trying to say?!" I said frantically.

"Your fired.."

My heart completely dropped to my feet. I couldn't get fired nursing is all I can do!

"Wha..." I could complete the word.

"Unless..." He got up headed towards my way. "You do something that shows your worth it" he whispered in my ear giving me chills.

He puts his hands on my shoulders and I flinch ...sending me back to my past.

Shaking my head no I got up running out of his office crying my eyes out. When I got half way to the door on the first floor I bumped in to something so hard, more like I brick wall.

A familiar voice called my name but I kept running.

I got to my car and broke down,
not knowing what to do.