Chapter 2: Goodbye Earth!

April 16 at noon

I was changed and ready with my bag of "things to remember Earth" on my shoulder.We were on ship 3 out of 11.Each ship had 150 cabins which fit one family each.I let out a huge sigh and walked to my parent's room and knocked on the door.

"Mom,Dad are you ready?"

"Yes honey will be right out"

The door opened and they came out dressed and ready,each with a bag on thier shoulder.

"Here goes nothing" my mom said.We looked at the house one more time then walked out the door.Outside were the 11 humongous ships with lines of people waiting to board.We started to walk towards ship #3.We were last in line.There had to be 1,000 people in front of us! I decided to go for a walk to "the lonely sapling"I told my mom where I was going and that I would be quick.I took off running.After about 5 minutes of running I finally saw the tree and sat under it for a couple minutes,muttering "goodbye" and "make plenty of saplings" and "take care of Earth for me".I decided that I was running out of time so I pulled a little branch off of it,shoved it in my bag'o'memories and then took off in a steady jog until I reached the line again.My parents were about 20 people from the front.I was shocked at how quick that went.As I stood there next to them I actually started to tear up.Now we were 10 people from the front and I was full on crying.I just couldn't help it, I loved nature I loved Earth period.I've never cried this hard before in my life.My mom was crying with me and rubbing my back trying to say "it's ok, it's ok" but it wasn't.Nothing was ok and I hated that there was nothing I could of done to help.We were next.My parents handed over the tickets and he told them where our cabin was,but I didn't listen becuase I was too busy balling my eyes out like a 2 year old.

My parents lead me to our cabin.I barely watched where we were goin because my head was down and my eyes were blurry.When we got there I plopped down on the bed still balling my eyes out.My mom came over and said,"Honey were taking off any minute so would you like to look outside one last time?" I nodded my head and slowly dragged myself out of bed wiping my eyes.The three of us sat there looking at the barren land and in a far off corner I saw my little sapling for probably the last time. Thinking about this made me cry even more. Then all of a sudden the ship started to take off and I knew that there was no going back now.I couldn't stand to look at this any more so I went back to my bed and plopped down,still crying.