Chapter 8

He ran up to the bench.
"Why are you crying? Is something wrong? Oh hell, what happened to your head?"
Well I guess the concealer didn't work.
"Who did this?" His face looked almost like he was mad. Why would he be mad? I've seen him beat the crap out of people on multiple occasions. So why does he seem concerned about a small cut?

I jerked away from his hand. He looked at me with worry and pity. It was disgusting.

"Stop it."
"Stop what?"
"Looking at me like I'm a wounded puppy. I don't need your pity."

"Who did this to you?" He whispered.
I couldn't take my eyes off his. They were so beautiful. In contrast to his black hair they almost looked grey, but were filled with something i couldn't comprehend.

"Who?"
"Oh um no one. I fell."
"Cut the shit, this wasn't from a fall."
"Daniel..." I trailed off. His eyes were filled with anger. I was surprised. Why was he caring all the sudden? It scared me to be honest. Id never seen this side of him, I doubt anyone had. I didn't even think he had one. It reminded me that some people aren't as bad as they seem.

"I have to go."
I abruptly stood up and started to walk away when I heard him yell my name. I slowly turned towards him.

"Yes?"
I saw pain flash in his eyes. I realized that I had said it somewhat rude 

"I'm sorry. What is it Daniel?"
"I'll protect you, I swear, but who did this to you?"
I slowly walked towards him and grabbed his hands in mine. He looked up at me in shock.

"I'm sorry but I can't tell."

With that, I walked away.