Chapter 9

Ok so really quick authors note...i realize all of my chapters so far are super short and I don't have an update schedule so I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while I'm just trying to get through all my summer plans. If you have questions about any of the characters or if you would like me to do 'interviews' then comment and I will try to accommodate your request asap. Thank you all for reading! Love... Back to the story

I regret walking away but if he kept asking I surely would have told him.

Im almost to my car when I feel a hand on my wrist. Im spun around, and his face is just a few inches from mine.

"Please. Who did did this to you? Was it Ashley? I'm gonna hurt that girl.."

"Daniel stop. I appreciate you doing this, but honestly I'm not sure who this Daniel is and it scares me. You've never even looked at me before."

He looked down at me, surprised. I guess he didn't expect me to interrupt him.

"What?" He was just staring at me and it was making me uncomfortable. I shifted my gaze to his leather jacket and took in his appearance. He was in a blue t-shirt with black jeans and his biker jacket. Classic bad boy attire. That made me remember why I was here. My stepdad. I knew he had work tomorrow, and him drinking wasn't rare, but he never had too much, he would just be moody. He'd never laid a hand on anyone in my family before.

Just then my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was liv. I was still kinda upset with her, but seeing as I didn't want to spend the night at home with just my stepdad and mom, I answered. Daniel was still watching me with interest and I put the phone to my ear.

"Hey Liv." I tried to keep the hurt out of my voice but I guess it was pretty obvious.

"Oh my god Ellie I'm so so super sorry!!! I was with Ethan and I didn't know you were coming over and-"

I cut her off.
"Listen Olivia, I'm ok just..." I didn't know how to describe what I felt. I started remembering today and how scared I was. The memory of my stepfather hitting and kicking me replayed over and over in my mind.

I felt the phone taken from my hands, and Daniel's voice, but everything started to fade away. Daniel's face seemed blurry.

"Ellie? Hello?" I saw Daniel waving his hand in front of my face and I was snapped back into reality. I blinked a few times and looked up at him. I didn't realize it was just more tears until he wiped one away from my face.

"Oh good. I thought you were gonna pass out or something cause you wouldn't respond. "

"Oh um yeah I'm fine. Sorry." He still had my phone and was typing into it.

"Daniel?" I tried to sniff quietly but his head jerked up still. " what are you doing?" He passed my phone back to my hands and looked at the screen curiously.
"That's my number, should you need to talk, text me."
"Oh. Um thanks I guess."
I turn to leave but he grabs my wrist and turns me around again.
"Ellie I know I haven't given you a reason to trust me, but I want to show you how I've changed. You're not biased, you don't expect my personality to be total sh..." I held my hand up. "Language please."
"Crap." He rolled his eyes. "You might accept me changing. I need a friend who doesn't have expectations of me. Please Ellie."

I smiled at him before I turned to walk back to my car. I quickly turned back to him and raised my voice over the new distance between us.
"I'll be there."
With that said I turn and walk to my car, and pull out of the parking lot.