Mark

Jack woke up at six for school. His phone buzzed. He yawned and reached over blindly for it. He couldnt find it. Eventually he got his lamp on and found his phone.

He checked his texts.

"Come out of your house at seven. I wanna see if we are neighbors. If we are, want to walk to school together?" Alyssa asked.

"Sure." Jack replied. He climbed out of bed and went over to his closet . He peeled his pajamas off and put on a black jacket with green tassles and the inside of the Hood green. He added some black pants to his outfit. He wore the jacket to make his hair color pop and look better.

He walked over to his new bathroom. It was bigger. This one had it's own bathtub and shower set. He grabbed his toothbrush and brushed his teeth. He took a look around then left. He walked downstairs. There was a note on the fridge.

Gran~
If you are reading this you are probably Jack. I left to get groceries. I will be back around 6:50. If I'm late Danny needs to leave for school at 7:00. Otherwise I will drive him at 7:20. See you soon

XOXOXO

Jack crumbled the note up after reading it and shoved it in his pocket. It was 6:20. He still needed to eat and comb his hair. He grabbed some cereal and poured himself a bowl. He ate it in silence as the house was empty. At 6:30 he went up and woke up Danny for school.

Jack went back downstairs and scrubbed his dishes clean. Then he ran upstairs and combed his hair. By then it was 6:40. He was ready twenty minutes early. Which wasn't a bad thing.

"I'm ready." Jack texted Alyssa.

"How?! I'm still getting ready. Whatever." Alyssa smiled while texting, she finally got to meet him.

Jack decided to get school stuff together. He heard the door open. Gran came in with her arms full of grocery bags.

"Here let me help." He took them and set them on the table. He glanced at his phone and saw Gran was home late. It was 6:58.

"Alright I'm leaving." Jack said and said bye to his small family. He left the house and closed the door. He saw some girl with long brown hair standing in the road. He didn't know if it was Alyssa. He had never asked what she looked like.

He cautiously walks onto the road. As soon as his shoe hit the pavement the girl turned.

"Jack?" She asked. When he nodded she ran over.

"OMG Jack!" She hugged him.

"Alyssa. Calm down." He chuckled.

"Sorry I've been excited to meet you. I thought I never would." Alyssa said.

As they walked to school they just made jokes and laughed, becoming even greater friends. They reached King and walked inside. The halls were stuffed.

"Follow me!" Alyssa shouted over all of the commotion. They entered an empty classroom.

"This is homeroom. We can chill here for about an hour each day. You can sit next to me in the back." Alyssa said.

He went and sat down. Alyssa and him were in the back row, Alyssa was to the right of him. The class was slowly filling with people.

Jack's green gaze intensified as Mark walked in. ' Shit why I have homeroom with him of all people.' Jack was releaved as Mark stopped at the front of the classroom. Turns out he was just talking with a friend.

Mark started to walk towards the back. Jack just pretended not to notice. Jack almost melted as Mark sat down next to him. Jack kept his head from looking over there.

Alyssa was waving her hand in front of Jack. "Hello?! Earth to Jack? " she sounded pissed.

"Hmm?" He asked.

"I said that you have more classes with me. And a few with Mark. You should be friends with him." She said.

He nodded and the bell rang. Math class was event less. Though while he was walking from math to science he got lost. The bells rang and he realize he was late. He stumbled around till he found the right room.

When he entered the teacher said, " It's fine. Its your first day. Go sit in the empty seat next to Mark. You two will be partners. Everyone else is paired up already." Mrs. Valkez said.

He sat down and didn't dare turn or even glance to his left to Mark. Suddenly there was a voice whispering in his ear, "Hey sorry for the other day. Wanna start over?" It was a deep voice and Jack guessed it was Mark.

Jack just nodded. He ran out when the bell rang. The rest of the day went by pretty easily. He had two more classes with Mark and two with Alyssa. Then he had lunch and Mark sat at their table. He was friends with Alyssa.

He got home and went to sleep right away. That was actually kind of fun.

Hey. I am so happy, Gone has gotten 29 reads now! I can't wait for you guys to see the rest of the book. You'll love it. my first goal is going I start now. It is 50 readers and five votes. I hope I reach it!