Silence

Jack woke up and lay there a bit. He had screwed up. He had told Mark his feelings, and he was pretty sure that they were unrequited feelings. No, he was sure that they were. Number one, who would like a potato like Jack. Number two, Mark was adorable and amazing and probably dating someone. Jack sighed and kept laying, he didn't feel like going to sleep, getting up, nor checking his texts in fear of Mark.

Jack lay for a bit longer then a scent of Cinnamon started to fill his room. It was warm and he was wondering what it was from. His stomach grumbled, he was being tortured. He thought about just laying there and letting himself starve. Instead his legs got themselves up and to his door, driven by hunger. He walked motionlessly down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"You're awake Jack!" Gran ran up to him and planted a small kiss on his forehead, she dissapeared up the staircase shortly after that. Jack scanned the kitchen, he saw a plate of steaming cinnamon rolls on the table and a milk jug next to it. His stomach rumbled as a reminder and he ran to get a plate, he had to hurry he was so hungry. He went to the table and put a cinnamon roll on it. Jack sat down and scarfed the cinnamon roll.

Jack finished it quickly then grabbed another one. And another one. And another one. Jack sat there full. Then Gran came down.

"Jack? You do know you have school today and are leaving in five minutes do you not?" Gran looked concerned.

"I do?!" Jack got up and washed his dishes off. He ran upstairs and brushed through his hair. He brushed his teeth while getting dressed somehow. He fumbled around quickly to get his shoes on as fast as he could. He ran outside and saw Alyssa sitting down on her phone. The air was cold and the harsh wind nipped at his face. A shiver ran down his spine and he pulled his hood over he hair. Alyssa saw him and walked over.

It was a bit awkward at first but they didn't talk about it and soon were fine and best friends again. They talked the entire way to school. Jack was happy when they got there, as his toes and fingers were numb and his nose was a bright pink, along with his ears and cheeks. They got in and a warm wave hit him. He smiled and soaked in the heat. He had noticed that the commotion had died down about "him and mark".

Imagine if they knew what had occurred at the park yesterday. There were way more bullies than fangirls but he knew the fangirls would be going insane. Jack skipped out on breakfast and just sat in the library until class. He didn't want to see Mark. Seeing Mark would melt him. That fire was one he couldn't stand. Mark and Alyssa were both to extreme for him. One too cold and one too hot.

Jack walked into homeroom and saw Alyssa sitting down, though no Mark..yet. Jack doodled on his paper until roll was called.

"Mark Fischbach?" The teacher called out. No reply. Jack looked over and saw Mark wasn't there. Odd... This was the first day he had seen Mark miss school. It didn't seem like something Mark would do. His day flew by as it was boring without Mark. He walked home with Alyssa and it was mind-numbing. Everything that day was just a task. Get this done, get that out of the way, etc.

He had dinner without even knowing what he had eaten. He washed his dishes and walked upstairs like a zombie. He walked and got into his bed. He sank into the mattress and smiled. This was the only part of the day that hadn't been a task to him. In fact he had been looking forward to night time.

He realized why Mark wasn't at school. Mark must've been avoiding him. That entire week Mark didn't show up for school. Jack's mood got worse and worse. He missed Mark but was also mad at him for abandoning him. He was too confused.

All that Jack knew for certain is that he wanted Mark.

Hey sorry I didn't post any the last two nights. I was busy at a sleep over and at a birthday party. I promise to keep publishing them every night though. Two if asked in comments but otherwise one. Buh~Bye"