Chapter 2: Time To Start This Journey!

I was woke up by someone shaking me awake.

"Ivory, wake up..you need to pack" my mum announced

"Ok, ok...in a minute" I said rolling over to my side... I tried going back to sleep I just couldn't! I was too exited

I opened my eyes, and saw the diary that my dad gave me.

I opened the diary to the page I left off...

__________________________________________________

Day 11:

I found out today that my cancer was incurable...if I had the operation it could have prolonged my life, or made it shorter...

I wish that my baby girl follows her dreams.

She has the most beautiful voice and the song lyrics that she writes is like a angel.

I love you Ives.

__________________________________________________

"He wants me to follow my dream?" I said aloud.

"Your father always listened to your singing from the stairs. He always said you sounded like a angel. He's wanted you to become a singer ever since he first heard you singing" my mum admitted

"I want to prove dad that I can do anything I can..." I said "I think I should stay here"

"Honey, there's so many opportunities out in Santa Monica. It's California!" My mum advised

I let what mum said go around in my mind! She was right!

"I'm going to pack" I said to my mum.

I walked upstairs and got out my suitcases.

Two days had passed since I found out about my dads cancer. But I was going to live out my dream for him.

I set to packing my things for tonight.

I opened my suitcase and threw a load of clothes to my bed.

I put in the clothes my mum brought me for my year first, then I packed some skinnys and dresses and tanks after...I put in underwear and bra's and socks...I packed my uggs and flats...I also packed a few heals that I brought the other day when I went shopping with my mum.

I closed that suitcase with struggle and started on my other one. Packing my make-up, hair appliances and heat appliances. I put in my wash things and towels. I also packed my wax strips and toothbrush, and hair brush.

I closed the suitcase and got my bag. I went for a shower used my extra towels and changed into my black skinnys and a baby pink tank top...I found my new baby pink flats. I put my hair up in a messy bun and set off downstairs with my luggage.

"Honey you look so beautiful" my mum complimented "here is your passport and your card for America. Remember that there will only be a limited amount of money on there each month so make sure you get a job"

She helped me into the car outside and drove me to the airport to meet Luke.

We drove for about two hours to the airport, our flight was about 12am...to get there for 9am in he morning...because we had to get used to the time zone. It was 11pm now and me an Luke had just checked in. I was wearing my new bracelet that Luke brought me, and had brought my iPod and iPad in my bag.

We had just checked in and saying goodbye.

We walked to the airport costa and got a drink.

"THE TWELVE O'CLOCK FLIGHT TO LOS ANGELES IS BOARDING NOW"