Chapter 2: Bet

"So...you have finally awoken after two days..human.."

An arrogant and condescending voice was heard from the lips of the man who just entered.

He looked tall, about a head higher than the guards with horns that I am arbitrarily calling 'Devils' for now. At least until I get more information. But seeing that I was in a cage, I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

The man also had elegant, silver hair, pale skin, and deep golden eyes. His countenance was more than arrogant, almost overbearing. Those eyes that looked at me like I was an insect sent shivers down my spine.

What he wore was a large dark cloak that had golden marks on it. If you asked me if this guy was royalty, based on appearances, I would say a resounding yes. I would like to run as far away from him as possible right at this moment.

But for now, let's inquire about what he said just now after introducing myself. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

"A-ah, My name is-"

"Silence."

I instantly found my mouth shut by force, with teeth chattering sounds that was audible to only myself.

Ah, I didn't get lucky. Not in the least.

"I have no interest in knowing the name of an insignificant existence. You might have succeeded in infiltrating my hidden temple of darkness, but there is no escape now that you have been sealed in that magic-sealing cage. Even if you did manage to somehow escape, this temple is also a large labyrinth. No hope is left for you who is at the very center of it."

I can hear my light of hope dimming by the second. This was way too cruel. How did I even end up in a giant labyrinth?

"Execute him tomorrow and offer his soul to the titan summoning. A human soul will make the summoning even faster than before. Soon, one of the seven 'Seraphim Shrines' shall fall into ruin."

Eh!?

Execute!?

You have got to be kidding me, here...

Where are my human rights? I demand an audience with the legal system right at this moment!

Of course, I could only scream inwardly since I had a feeling that if I suddenly acted up, I would only make my date of execution earlier. By that I mean, my head will roll right after I utter a complaint.

There were some dangerous things such as summoning, and ruining shrines but I decided to leave that part for later. The most important thing now was to gain information. Even a little bit is fine. So, I resolved myself once again..