Chapter 13: Dragon

*Woosh*

A long blade was brandished in one moment, and before I could even blink fully, the sharp tip was heading towards my forehead.

I quickly used <<Instantaneous Movement>> in the nick of time, and dodge to the side.

The arc of the slash tore up the ground, making shock waves, cracking the hard stone wall. I inwardly sigh in relief seeing that I wasn't in that spot. If I were, my body would get cut clean in half.

I could tell that Dazel was still frozen in place. I don't blame him. This opponent's skill level is too far from normal.

"Dazel! Snap out of it! We have to run, quickly!"

With a loud voice I yell towards the dumbstruck red-haired youth. It seemed that the shock from me did the trick. Since he was now aware of his surroundings, and started to look around the area, darting his emerald-green eyes all over.

"Kyouya...you're right. This guy is far too strong. His aura is somewhat close to master's.."

After he said those words, he quickly pulled himself together and ran towards my direction. I had no time to be listening to the words that came out of his mouth because the armored guy was still looking towards me, emitting an ominous feeling.

"Hou, Truly excellent. To think you could dodge my slash. Well done."

He seemed to be praising me but I get the feeling that there was a hint of making fun of me in there somewhere in his tone.

I'm not jumping to conclusions though. If I made the wrong move here, my head would fly off.

For now, let's find a way out. We already have what we came for. There was no need to stick our noses into this battle-hungry knight who was way over our heads. I take no pleasure in fighting a losing battle, no, scratch that, I don't like fighting at all.

Why couldn't people just live in peace for once. Just talking would solve many problems right?

"But. I can't let you leave with the [Angel's Feather]. That item is too dangerous to be left in human hands. I'll have you return it."

Just as we were about to reach the door, the knight appeared right in front of us, blocking our only exit.

Well, that and the giant dragon was still fixed inside the hole so there was no hope on that front.

I could try and break the wall to the side, but I can't show my power here in front of Dazel. I didn't know if I could trust him yet.

I had to formulate a plan, and quick. Or else I'll be that dragon's meal tonight.

I mean, there was no countermeasure for a dragon appearing. Who the heck would predict such a development? I sure didn't.

Still, I had no time to be complaining..

"I'm not giving this artifact to you, we need it for an important reason!"

Because Dazel suddenly shouted at the night in an angry tone. His playful demeanor all but disappeared when he said this. Now, his eyes were brimming with determination. I wonder what reason would make him like this? Well, we can think about that later.

"No. No matter what, humans cannot use that item. Give it back. Heed my words, human. Or you shall all be destroyed."

Scary. He was too imposing. I had the feeling that he was right. We should give it back and just escape. I didn't want to be in this situation anyway. Let's just convince him to give it back peacefully, and let's be on our way.