Chapter 7

I awoke to the rather loud noise of the song One Last Night being played, my alarm? Already? I sigh as I refuse to open my eyes just yet, not wanting to face reality. As I lay there with my eyes firmly shut, I begin to focus on everything that happened last night. From the way his lips felt on mine, to the way he knew every single spot that would make me moan. Regret finds its way into my already compacted mind and I can't help but feel embarrassment as I finally open my eyes.

I'm met with the utter darkness as five a.m. dawns it's way into the sky. I turn on the lamp next to my bed and turn over expecting Niall to be there but as I do so, I only find myself gripping the white sheets. I inhale sharply and squeeze my eyes shut. I shouldn't have done anything with him. He knew that there was no way that I was gonna say no to him being that he had put me in the predicament with no other option which made me only question myself more than I already did.

I choose to push the thoughts away as I grab some clothes from my dresser and head to the showers which were rather close to my dorm room thankfully. To my luck, no one else is awake quite yet, or at least not to my knowledge.

I turn on the water after I enter the dimly lit shower and instantly, warm water washes over me making me feel at ease. I had always found relaxation when showering. I allow a few thoughts to slip as I lather my hair with Dove shampoo. His smile replays in my head like a million fireflies shining at once, so bright and so beautiful. He had left this morning because I had told him to, I can't quite be mad at him for doing just what I had told him to do. Memories of his soft lips grazing upon my skin makes my body shiver under the water as warm droplets make their way off of my soaking body onto the damp floor.

I allow myself to think about how foolish I had been, giving myself up so easily. I'm ashamed and feel as though I have let my family down, I will tell my mother about everything the next time I see her because she deserves to know. I have never hidden anything from my parents and I refuse to start by doing so now.

I wash my body and begin to wash my hair out. Niall had made it clear that he is not who he says he is and I'm not going to let someone like that contradict my life. He was a mistake, a very bad mistake that will take time to get over and as much as I want to sit alone in self pitty right now, I'm not going to. I'm going to get cleaned up so I look presentable for my first day of college. My father had always told me that even if everything does go wrong, don't let it hold you back, so that's exactly what I'm going to do, not let it get to me...not yet anyways.

As I finally finish washing my hair out, the lights go off, as instinct, I open the curtain slightly.

"Someone's in here," I say, loud enough for whoever it is to hear me. No response comes so I take one from the horror movies and shut the water off, wrap myself up in my towel and step out of the shower. I examine the room but I find nothing. I go to turn the lights back on but I hear the sound of light humming coming from across the room. Not happy humming, it was some creepy lullaby type thing. I quickly turn the lights on and find nothing, my breathing becomes ragged as I hurry to get my clothes, I make it back to the door and as I do so, I hear a voice call my name, the lights shut off again as I go to open the door. The voice sounds so familiar, I can't put my finger on it but I'm not about to stay here and find out who this guy is.

"Malia," he says in a dark tone, I turn around with my hand gripping the handle of the door, ready to make my escape. I'm met with a tall black figure staring at me, I freak out and run out the door, down to my dorm room and shut it. Being sure to lock it behind me. I get dressed and debate on calling someone, this whole situation has put me on edge and the uneasiness is settling in. My subconscious reminds me of how well calling someone worked out last night but wouldn't this be the exact scenario where you should call someone?