chapter 10

I'm back!! Sorry for letting you all off on that depressing cliffhanger .-.

- Jack's pov this time!! -

I skipped class for an entire week after that incident. Nothing could push me enough to leave the security of wallowing in my dorm enough to possibly face anyone there on that night.

Still a week later and the thought of Mark's face as he was rejected from his comforting embrace brings me to the verge of crying, and soon enough I'm bubbling over with tears like a little wimp.

I still get the occasional text from Jake, the original 'heyy faggy to gay to show up again?', anything along the lines of that, really.

I've blocked his number but the other two began at it after that, and tonight I quite literally felt the urge to smash my phone.

Until I heard a sheepish knock at my dorm door.

Sighing and accepting my fate that it might be Jake and his crew of awfulness with a carton of eggs for my face, I reluctantly stood up, pausing Netflix and cautiously stepped towards the door.

With the slow opening of the door my eyes met Mark's face, his eyes sympathetic and trusting.

You can't just let him come back to you so easily. You're very damaged from that still. They were your best friends.

Before those thoughts take over my actions too much, I grab the sides of his face, kissing his lips feather lightly.

Pulling away before it got too intense quite literally in the middle of the empty, dorm hall, he looked down at his feet, cheeks burning. A quiet surprised gasp escapes him.

"You should really lock your door more often." He said softly, eyes meeting mine.

I respond with nothing but looking at him, hoping that a facial response is enough to say that it's still too early to joke about that night, and he surprisingly understands it, nodding a bit with a hint of guilt in his eyes.

"Can I ask why you kissed me? I mean that was awesome but, I thought you would slam the door in my face." He says, and he half grimaces at the thought, making me let out a small breathy laugh.

"Why in the hell would I be mad at you?" I say gently as possible, touching his shoulder. He shrugs, and I invite him into my dorm.

I remember to lock the door this time.

-

lmao so this chapter is ending kind of obscurely but it's gonna pick back up soon!! Happy-ish update for you all