Chapter 4 - She Walks With Beauty

Normal people have no idea how beautiful darkness is.

Chapter Four – She Walks With Beauty

Doris's POV

Today was meant to be shopping for clothes with Eloise and getting ready for yet another spontaneous party.

The excitement I see when I walk into a party and see loads of bodies against one each other as the room had the stench of alcohol and sweat.

Adrenaline rush enters my spine and makes me feel so alive. Then the look the guy gives me; the way he takes me in hungrily as he looks me up and down.

Then it'd be a night of rough and fast-

"Hello? Can I help you?" A lady came up on the front porch with loads of groceries in her and keys in the other.
"I'm here for a project with Phoenix,"I replied while watching her struggle with the keys. "Here, let me help you." I grabbed some groceries from her hand and she unlocked the door with her keys.

One thing I never noticed was that Phoenix was my neighbor. I wondered how long he had been living here.

His house was beautiful. Especially the kitchen.

"You could put those groceries down on the counter and I'll go up and get Phoenix." I nodded at the lady and she went up the long stairs.

I sighed and sat down on the comfy sofa.

I then grabbed my phone out and went on the Chatroom App.

I got a text from him.

RedNix: Hey Dori.

I couldn't help but smile at the little heart. He's been calling me Dori and I call him Nix.

Yeah, that's how close we've gotten.

QueenDori98: Hi Nix. What's up?

RedNix: Nothing really. But Track Season is starting and I'm totally excited.

Our cheer squad was talking about cheering for track meets and usually there are no cheerleaders for that but they're doing it this year.

I could feel that excitement rushing through my body.

"Oh. My. GOD!"

I look up from my phone to see a very petite girl who had her hair all dolled up and wearing what looked like...church clothes.

But she was totally pretty.

"You're Doris Greene! The Doris Greene!" She squealed as she jumped up and down.

"Yeah, that's me," I responded, feeling a bit freaked out.

"You're the Queen Bitch at our school! You're in my living room!" She squealed once more before stopping herself immediately and taking a deep breath, "Okay, I'm calm. So, what are you doing here?"

I slipped my phone into my pocket before responding, "I have a project with Phoenix-"

"Phoenix? As in Phoenix Springston?" She interrupted me while she gawked.

"Yeah."

"I can't believe my idiot brother didn't tell me he was partners with you!"

Suddenly footsteps were heard.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me that a girl was coming! I could've been home early to make some cookies!" The lady, who I'm guessing is their Mom snapped at him.

The same rough voice was heard. "What girl-" Our eyes met and he sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"Doris Greene. What're you doing here?" He asked, obviously annoyed.