Chapter 4: The Fallen

Mia was panting as she entered the gate of the school, with just a few seconds to spare, the bell had just rang. She was hurrying to get to class along with her other classmates

"Mia!...." It was her friend Jackie Perez running up to her panting. They walked into their classroom, the teacher wasn't in yet.

Hmmm that's a first Mia thought to herself their teacher prided himself for his punctuality. Never in the history of the school year has Mr. Arthur G. Allen had ever been late.

The next thing that Mia noticed as she sat down on her chair was that her classmates were either Quiet, or locked in whispered conversations.

"I wonder what this guys had for breakfast. No teacher and most of them are as silent as a corpse" At these remark Jackie faced Mia.

"Hey.... Uhmmm....haven't you seen the news last night? "She peeped up in a serious voice as she raised an eyebrow in surprise.

Mia was caught off guard at what her friend suddenly said to her.
"Whoa, what? Back up? I was busy doing our project I never caught up on the news last night...why?" Mia was wide eyed by now wanting Jackie to spill it and tell her what had happened that would cause her friend to ask her about it all of a sudden.

Nothing good she thought to herself, no news would ever be good news when coming from a news caster on TV.

"It's Mr. Allen" Jackie said sadly. Mr. Allen is there first period teacher, he thought science

"The news showed him live screaming on top of a building down at 22nd street last night, he looked pretty crazy. He had had his hair all tossed up, he had his shirt torn all over. The police tried to calm him down and all......."

"So did they calm him down? Where is he now?" Mia asked

Jackie looked at Mia as if she had been leaving under a rock up until now.

"Mia, Mr. Allen is dead, when the police tried to talk to him. He started screaming at them. Then on live television he jumped down into the pavement the news team who came along with the cops caught the whole thing on camera, he was rambling on and on about something coming and really weird.."

Mia couldn't believe what she was hearing. The news about someone who committed suicide this morning was about Mr. Allen. Arthur G. Allen had been a teacher in their school ever since Mia became a junior there. He was a good teacher, she enjoyed his classes..... Her 1st class of the day.

"Here take a look at these I was able to download it this morning, just hit the play button" Jackie held her smartphone to Mia.

Mia took the phone curious as to how could someone like Mr. Allen be describe as crazy she played the video.

The figure of Mr. Allen came into focus. He was on the edge of a building. He wore the clothes he used during classes yesterday. Yet it had been torn in places like he had been mauled, Mia could barely see blood oozing from scratches through the torn fabric.

Mr. Allen just stood just a step away from the edge of the building, looking at the horizon

The police were trying to get his attention at first he just stood there rooted to the spot his back to the police officers. Slowly he turned around to face the people who were waiting 10 ft. from him, the cop who came through the door first who stood in front of the camera man sounded relieved

"Sir I am coming to get you please stay where you are" the police officer said cautiously

Slowly the cop stepped forward towards Mr. Allen, thinking that the man had come to his senses.