Chapte 5: A Murder of Crows

"Good morning class, I am Mr. Hunter I will be teaching you today" Looking at all of the students in the room. When his eyes met With Mia's a Smile crept eerily to his lips like a hunter finding its prey.

The electrifying sensation intensified as Mia Stared on at those cold, grey eyes. It felt like he's eyes were searching her. Peeling away at her very being. She felt like she doesn't like this man.

The principal looked back at Mr. Hunter.

"Mr. Hunter here is the youngest ever in his year to graduate with top marks. He will be a substitute teacher here that is until we are able to find a permanent science teacher, however according to his credentials the search might be over even before it has begun.... You could learn a lot from Mr. Hunter here, he would be a wonderful role model to you youngsters." Mr. Reyes tried his best to describe Mr. Hunter.

Mr. Hunter placed an arm around the Principal as he slowly guided him towards the door.

"Thank you for those kind words Principal Reyes. But do forgive my directness but I wish to start my classes on time so if you may leave me with this wonderful Children"

Slowly closing the door on the Principal like he was nothing significant and just another hindrance to his work.

"If you need anything, the faculty office will be down the hall, second room, on the right" the Principal once again instructed the new arrival.

Mr. Hunter nodded

"Thank you Principle Reyes. I'll be sure to drop by the faculty room after classes"

Finally closing the door, with a click he closes it behind him and walks towards the center of the classroom once again looking at the students. His sharp grey eyes studying them with a cold calculating gaze, offset by that strange smile.

"I know that it might feel awkward for me to be your teacher, having Mr. Allen thought you for the past 6 months." He pauses for a bit to look at the audience.

"But I assure you I will prove myself as capable a teacher as the late Mr. Allen" still with that smile on his face

The last statement, sounded like it contained a bit too much of sarcasm, mixed with delight, it sounded wrong to Mia.

The electrical sensation Mia had been feeling ever since Mister Hunter had entered had now subsided to nothing more than a tingling sensation at the back of her skull. She felt like something was moving at the back of her skull but she waved it off as stress having her old teacher replaced by this Strange, cold man.

The tingling sensation has ceased and it no longer bothered Mia too much as she looked at Mr. Hunter.

"As luck would have it, Mr. Allen was going to teach you about Radio waves today..."

He started opening his Chalk dispenser. Not even bothering with the "get to know your students" bit as all teachers would normally start their classes.

Turning his back to the class Mr. Hunter proceeded to write the words "radio wave" onto the black board.

"This is kind of my thing..." he explains

"Now who can tell me What Radio waves are......" he pauses for a bit.

"Ms. Mia Thetra Hatem. Stand up and tell me what you know on Radio waves" Mr. Hunter suddenly called Mia's name without even checking the student's list provided to him. Those cold eyes now focused on her.

The sensation that had bothered Mia for the past 15 minutes ever since she made eye contact with Mr. Hunter returned only this time she neither felt cold, nor heat not even the tingling sensation, this time she felt as if a part of her, at the base of her skull, that had long been asleep had just woken up.