Chapter 9 - Woods

"No. Seriously we have no chance. We rarely have moments together. He rarely talks to me. Maybe our closest interaction was, er, well the night he cornered me. That's it. I don't even think he likes me anyway." Lenox Tillman, The Alpha's Luna.

*Lenox Tillman*

Everything has been settled. My father, my mother and sister although she doesn't care at all, and my bestfriend. They are all already informed about why was I 'missing' for almost a week. I didn't tell them the truth, but I also didn't lie.

No one understood but they were trying becuase the line I've telling everyone is...

"I hope I could tell you. But I just can't. Maybe not yet. I just want to keep it as a secret." Then I'll explain further and further. It wasn't the best answer, but for now, it is. I don't want to hurt someone, not them

So here I am in the kitchen trying to talk to Ryan.

"Welcome back, Len." Oberona greeted me first thing in the morning with Ryan wrapped around her. I want to tell them they look cute together but I'm not really a person to just compliment people.

"Thanks. Where are the others?"

I looked around the house and it was just the three of us plus Justin who's sleeping in his room.

"Ania and Chaz are having a meeting with their parents." Ryan said kissing the top of her head before proceeding to the kitchen to cook for us. I followed him resulting in our current situation.

"You know I could help you cook." I wiggled my brow suggestively. He shook his head heating the pan with oil in it to cook eggs I guess. I won't tell him the three different disasters I've made trying to cook in the kitchen. Heck, since then my mother forbid me to step a foot in the kitchen unless I'll get dinner or breakfast ready.

"Nah. But thanks. Obs needs company anyway." I looked at her with relief. At least I won't have anymore nightmares to remember before sleep. God knows how far I could recall events before my eyes would feel heavy and take me to Dreamland.

"What are you going to do?"

"Jogging... Oh! Yes! I remember Justin told me to let you come. You look, don't be offended but, unhealthy. Your skin's pale. You're too skiny I think when I'm holding your arms they'll break up. So come here and let's get you ready!" So she dragged me to my room and let me change.

When we're stretching outside, I asked her, "I wonder why do you trust me. I mean I could have run off when I get an oppurtunity especially when its this great. But you know, you're all just letting me do things freely."

"You could have run off but there's nowhere to go, Len. We're surrounded by woods. I, myself, won't try to pass there without my car."

We started jogging around the perimeter but we kept on talking.

"So why inside the woods - the location of the house I mean." Her lips set on thin line and she looked kind of angry.

"Are you mad? Oh my, I'm sorry for asking. I jus.. Shit. Sorry. It's just that I'm curious. I didn't mean to piss you off. Oberona I-" she chuckled cutting me off.

"It's okay. I just remembered something. It's not yout fault, though."

"If you say so. How do you do that anyway?" Please keep it a secret that I have no talent in changing topics swiftly.

"What?" Oberona said.

"In such a young age. You've already found your true love. You and Ryan. Chaz and Titania."